Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
Agree 100%, and good post Gaz.

This forums one of the better ones for that, and that kinda nonsense from people is one of the worst parts of the hobby to me.
Though speaking as a “Subjectivist”, I’d put forward that it works both ways?

I’d never argue with someone over what they are hearing in their own system with their own ears, I’d just have no opinion of my own until I heard the kit for myself.
Not gonna tell anyone they are wrong in what they hear, but as you say, easy to cross the line and put the emphasis on other people must hear the same thing (If their kits up to snuff, ears golden enough etc)
I'm always very careful to say that I'm sure people genuinely believe they've heard an improvement with whatever they're talking about. I sincerely doubt anybody would intentionally come on a forum saying a product had improved their system unless they believed that to be the case.
I'm a great believer in expectation bias and am certainly not immune to it myself having been caught out in a blind tasting of cola drinks when I found my favourite brand was actually my least favourite when I didn't know what it was.