+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My recent experiences with synegistic research fuses

I'm Martin.

Using the fancy fuse the wrong way round sounds worse than using a normal fuse?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes. For goodness sake don't get the polarity wrong, the electricity will be pulling when it's supposed to be pushing.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I didn’t directly compare but they both sound significantly worse than the fuse the right way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. For goodness sake don't get the polarity wrong, the electricity will be pulling when it's supposed to be pushing.
    Yes its bizarre but something is going on directionally.

I'm Jason.

I never would have guessed AC current was directional!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    This is the thing I have difficulty with. I can accept a difference but this level of difference I cannot understand. Covering your speakers with a quilt would sound like listening with ear muffs, not turning a fuse around.....
    Well i would imagine covering the speakers with a quilt to be much worse than listening with earmuffs, what I heard was a much flatter sound less top end sparkle , less definition in the bass (i tend to notice differences in the extremes more readily but I think it was right across the range. Smaller soundstage and generally less interesting less musicality.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Doesn't it do that already - 50 times a second? (Or 60 times a second in the US and parts (!) of Japan.)
    Barry

I'm Dennis.

How can a waveform which is AC, ie. the current travels each way alternately, be better acived by a fuse being one way or the other?

This is like speaker cables supposedly having directionality, when, although asymmetrical, the current waveform is also alternate.
    (Kimber with arrows on).

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    How can a waveform which is AC, ie. the current travels each way alternately, be better acived by a fuse being one way or the other?

This is like speaker cables supposedly having directionality, when, although asymmetrical, the current waveform is also alternate.
    (Kimber with arrows on).
    There are arguments that cables can be directional, due to the crystal structure of the metal, and will sound different depending on which way round they are hooked up. You'll have to try this yourself to see if you hear a difference. I know what I think!

With interconnects, a braided cable like Kimber, or a shielded Speaker cable, the shield has been left unconnected on one end to help with noise reduction.

The grounded end is usually recommended to be connected at the source.

The arrows usually depict the direction away from the shielded end, like my cables do!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I will start by admitting that I have never used a fancy fuse so have no first hand experience of them, however I've never stuck my hand in a mincer either but I still know it would do some serious damage.

I simply cannot fathom how or why a fuse can have any effect whatsoever on sound, I don't doubt that people genuinely believe they have heard an improvement but what is different about an "audiophile" fuse compared to a basic 4 for 99p fuse from B&Q. A well known purveyor of dubious audio improvement products (whose initials are RA) suggests (he can't directly claim) that wiping fuses with his magic solution might somehow do something or other. All a fuse is is a piece of wire, designed to melt at a certain ampage, inside a glass tube with a metal cap at each end, that really doesn't leave you much to play around with in terms of design or materials.

Even assuming it is possible to somehow make a fuse "alter" the electricity going through it, that electricity then has to travel through many cables and components, most importantly the unit's transformer which totally alters the voltage and current and changes it from AC to DC, before it gets anywhere near anything that converts the electricity into sound.

Taking that into account can anyone explain how these super fuses do what they do?
    Why do we all have different amplifiers??..why is one capacitor better than another...why is one tweeter better than another, why is one voice coil better than another... why does silver, gold, aluminium, copper and rhodium sound different when electricity is passed through it..ie..why do silver interconnects sound brighter than copper interconnects...why do cable manufacturers invest millions in the construction of cables..infact why does a hifi manufacturer invest so much money in hifi at all....I'll bet your interconnects are not the cheapest thing you could by...why do you use expensive interconnects, they are only transfering a signal...it's ony a piece of wire...why do these heavy top quality speaker cables sound better than bell wire...it's only wire transfering a signal to the speakers....truth be known..nobody does, but they all make a difference....everybody's hearing is different...try a fuse and then, make a comment...if you can't hear the difference, you can't here it..if you can..well... the sky's your limit...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast