+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My recent experiences with synegistic research fuses

I'm Geoff.

Seems to me that claiming benefits from employing a 'boutique' fuse or mains lead is much similar to asserting that your car runs better if the fuel enters the tank via a 'posh' bit of hose.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    on face of it, that would seem likely, but people, who are often relatively skeptical have found that they do make a difference, so who knows....
    But then, some people also believe in ghosts and think that the Earth was created in seven days by a bloke with a natty beard...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    But then, some people also believe in ghosts and think that the Earth was created in seven days by a bloke with a natty beard...
    both may be true. if you only believe in science, you narrow your thought processes ... personally i find the idea hard to see how it could work, but as i say, i cannot say definitively is doesnt, just as i cant say there is no god. As for ghosts/spirits, well, then i have had an experience; no proof, but it did alter me as a person and the way i think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    . As for ghosts/spirits, well, then i have had an experience; no proof, but it did alter me as a person and the way i think.
    Yes, I would also not be too quick to dismiss the 'supernatural' as nonsense although I did use to. There may be an as yet unknown scientific explanation for the phenomena but to say there is no phenomena to begin with is just wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

I think the key difference between religious/supernatural beliefs and fuses/conditioners/cables/whatever is the unlikelihood of the former influencing others.
    When people post their perceptions of hifi gear it is stated in almost factual manner, "I bought this and the bass tightened up, soundstage opened out, vocals became cleaner etc"
    Imagine the incredulous comments if somebody posted in the abstract chat section "I bought a bible and got a promotion at work, my wife stopped complaining and my golf improved"
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

Well if they took fuse out and the bass loosened It would make it more proof that it was the fuse and not because they glimpsed his neighbours knickers on the washing line
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If they took the fuse out they wouldn't hear anything! But I know what you are saying.

After any change is made, I find it useful to live with the change for a week or two, then revert back to the original arrangement. That way, what initially was perceived as an 'improvement] might simply be a 'difference'.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Well I’ve been doing some more tweaking with a graphene based contact enhancer on my system lately so I’ve been in all the plugs. I didn’t put the silver bussman fuse back in but I did reverse the SR fuse on the mains block and had a listen and I only played 2 tracks before putting it back the correct way. It was like listening with ear muffs on.

Its hard to imagine how a fuse makes such a noticeable difference let alone why reversing the direction of the fuse would make any difference.... Yet it does and these are offered with 30 day trial or return with lots of happy customers who report hearing much better sound from their systems. No doubt its system dependant and im sure they get a few returns, however this is certainly not a voodoo marketing exercise and I trust my own ears.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Imagine the incredulous comments if somebody posted in the abstract chat section "I bought a bible and got a promotion at work, my wife stopped complaining and my golf improved"
    Heck, I’d buy a bible if it improves my golf game...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    Well I’ve been doing some more tweaking with a graphene based contact enhancer on my system lately so I’ve been in all the plugs. I didn’t put the silver bussman fuse back in but I did reverse the SR fuse on the mains block and had a listen and I only played 2 tracks before putting it back the correct way. It was like listening with ear muffs on.

Its hard to imagine how a fuse makes such a noticeable difference let alone why reversing the direction of the fuse would make any difference.... Yet it does and these are offered with 30 day trial or return with lots of happy customers who report hearing much better sound from their systems. No doubt its system dependant and im sure they get a few returns, however this is certainly not a voodoo marketing exercise and I trust my own ears.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is the thing I have difficulty with. I can accept a difference but this level of difference I cannot understand. Covering your speakers with a quilt would sound like listening with ear muffs, not turning a fuse around.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast