+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My recent experiences with synegistic research fuses

I'm Martin.

Default My recent experiences with synegistic research fuses

Started off buying three 13 amp SR20 fuses second hand from a member here. Pleasantly pleased with the performance of these for the price. I put one in my mains block plug, one in my TDAI3400 mains lead and one in my Rel Stentor III subwoofer mains lead.

Overall the system sounded slightly more relaxed, and tighter focussed , a worthwhile investment but not ground breaking.

Inspired by the discovery that fuses can make a difference and after reading some threads i decided to take the plunge and try the newer and significantly more expensive blues at £130 each.

To be continued.

I'm Martin.

I got the blues on a bit of a deal at 3 for £365. 30 day return as long as i only returned 1 opened, fair enough.....

I had done a lot of research on these and plenty of consumer reviews waxing lyrical about the improvements in sound quality after using these. That was mixed in with a few negative reviews and lots of intejections from electrical engineers who seem to be on a crusade to protect the vulnerable consumers from fuse snake oil.

Most beneficial in a source component apparently, but I spotify stream from my TDAI 3400. You need to pay close attention to the direction you place these fuses too.

I'm Martin.

Default Blown away

Im 15 days into using these now, they do go through a burn in process which swings the performance around a little , but never once sounding meh.

I’m actually blown away by the performance of these fuses and for my system they are undoubtedly the best tweak ive used from a value for money perspective.

So whats going on? In my system substantial reduction in noise floor, which seems to be the standard response from other satisfied users. This reveals itself in:

Details coming through in familiar tracks.
    Soundstage is slightly wider, but deeper and focussed to the point that my speakers dissapear totally and instruments and voices have their own space.
    Much cleaner Bass
    Much more realistic music, I particularly notice that percussion is so much improved and realistic thats crisper beats and sustains on rings and chimes that seem to go on forever. Cymbals particularly realistic now, but this goes across the board to strings, brass and voice.
    It all adds up to something quite beautiful and very unexpectedly good.

I'm James.

A brave decision to spend that kinda money on something as controversial as fuses. I believe and have heard their benefits but not heard the fuses you have bought. I don't doubt they have given you something extra in your system.

Well done for taking a punt, it sounds like if you can afford them they are a worthwhile investment.

Just hope you don't blow one!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Jimbo, I would not have tried these if it wasnt for the 30 day trial offer. If I blow a fuse it would be painful, but not the end of the world. I’m going to be a lot more careful plugging things in and out for sure.

I'm Mike.

Think I got my Reds on 30 days return
    Once in there was no way they were going back

System changes leave me only needing one external fuse
    Blue came in. Better than Red from new
    Some weeks later..... still better
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post

Mike which cables / equipment have best responded to the use of ferrites?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

You should add it to your system signature Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    Jimbo, I would not have tried these if it wasnt for the 30 day trial offer. If I blow a fuse it would be painful, but not the end of the world. I’m going to be a lot more careful plugging things in and out for sure.
    I think it could be painful if you didn’t blow a fuse,that is after all their job!
    Cambridge audio cxc,CCA Spotify premium
    Beresford seg,dorado,supercap and clock mods
    Dcb1 750ma pre
    Quad QSP power
    Monitor Audio silver 8i
    Kimber powerkords,4vs speaker cable,pbj and Klotz mc5000 interconnects.

I'm Deleted.

Out of interest I tried some 'audiophile grade' fuses and found they made no difference at all (they weren't the SR ones though).
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast