+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake valves

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Default Fake valves

Hi All

I was browsing the net and came across this article about fake valves and what to look for , seems pretty comprehensive and well written , may be of use to someone especially those that are into Telefunkens! Its quite an interesting site anyway also.

cheers

http://www.jacmusic.com/nos/images/Fakes/index.htm

montesquieu Guest

Great site, thanks for that. Some scary shit going on!

I'm Richard.

Just had a look at this site,makes you think twice.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Yeah , my valve use is pretty minimal compared to some on here. Just 2 small ones in my fb monos so if I got ripped of it wouldn't be for huge amount. but if some one is looking to buy a set of 4 or 8 larger ones then that's a different kettle of fish. I guess the moral of the storey is to buy dorm reputable dealers if in doubt.

Its got some interesting bits for sale that site though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Fascinating read.

I was already well aware of the existence of counterfeit Telefunken and Siemens & Halske items, especially the positive embossing of the Telefunken 'diamond', but was surprised there was no mention of the quality of the ink used for the printing on the glass envelope.
    Barry

I'm John.

I’m sure Marco posted a link to this same article years ago. It’s a fascinating read and it makes complete sense that stocks of something that went out of production 30 to 50 years ago just don’t exist any more and what’s for sale is largely rebranded modern equivalents.

I think the only way to put an end to this is for a modern day manufacturer to produce new products that match or out perform the golden oldies. Even if they charged a premium price for them at least you’d know what you were buying.
    Last edited by JohnJo; 18-03-2019 at 18:54.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    I’m sure Marco posted a link to this same article years ago. It’s a fascinating read and it makes complete sense that stocks of something that wen out of production 30 to 50 years ago just don’t exist any more and what’s for sale is largely rebranded modern equivalents.

I think the only way to put an end to this is for a modern day manufacturer to produce new products that match or out perform the golden oldies. Even if they charged a premium price for them at least you’d know what you were buying.
    yup or go back to good old fashioned solid state
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Hehe

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    But what about counterfeit power devices that are no longer made? As you can't look inside a transistor or FET package, counterfeits could be easily made to "pass muster".

I think fake SS devices are unlikely, but then a few years ago there were a lot of counterfeit 50p pieces in circulation, as later there were £1 coins. Wouldn't have thought it worth the effort.
    Barry

I'm Justin.

Jac is my EML dealer and yeah that page has been around for some years.

Jac is recommended as a valve supplier by me for what that's worth i.e. not much but he has been very good with me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast