+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folk/Acoustic

I'm Eamonn.

Default Folk/Acoustic

Expect some of you know of me on the Wam and PFM where I started similar posts, so thought it about time to start one here:
    As the title suggests, looking for suggestions for Folk/Acoustic artists that you particularly like ad recommend
    My taste consists of quite a wide variety, a lot of Folk, but as long as it contains acoustic instruments, it's always worth a listen.
    Some of my favourites are:
    Karine Polwart, Bill Jones, Anais Mitchell, Jo Freya, Blue Rose Code, Ry X, Rue Royale, Angus and Julia Stone, Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin, Anne Briggs and many many more
    Over to you!
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Peter.

I'd highly recommend Leveret - English folk tunes (no songs) played 3 of the finest musicians in the land.
    And, Three Cane Whale - instrumental music (hard to pin down exactly what it is) - also played by a different of 3 of the finest musicians in the land!
    Peter

I'm Eamonn.

Quiet here!
    Ah well, here's something elseto be going on with:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVyOmZfvKu8
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Grant.

Got the carolina chocolate drops on. American folk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Eamonn.

If you like Carolina Chocolate Drops, try this
    Amythyst Kiah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xql3hAGtOms
    Last edited by macspur; 19-03-2019 at 08:13.

I'm Paul.

Anne Sumner (note the “n”) is a UK folk singer that I saw a while ago. Very good I thought. Also Dan Arborise is another UK folk artist that has produced couple of good albums.
    ~Paul~

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by macspur View Post
    If you like Carolina Chocolate Drops, try this
    Amythyst Kiah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xql3hAGtOms
    Or perhaps this recent collaboration https://www.amazon.co.uk/Native-Daug...ag=googhydr-21

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Or perhaps this recent collaboration https://www.amazon.co.uk/Native-Daug...ag=googhydr-21
    its a good album that..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Twisted.

Hi Macspur

You have my current favourite in your number 1 slot. Karine Polwart is fantastic isn't she? A listening session seldom doesn't feature part or all of A Pocket of Wind Resistance just now.

Check out Martin Green of Lau fame. I've been really enjoying his solo/collaborative stuff, and note his cover of 'Laws of Motion'. Very different!

Unthanks are great. Staves pretty good. Someone introduced me to Nadia Reid recently - well worth a listen. Sort-of-folk and fabulous is Tim Smith era Midlake. I eagerly await more music from him, but won't hold my breath.

I'll check out those on your list.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Eamonn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    Hi Macspur

You have my current favourite in your number 1 slot. Karine Polwart is fantastic isn't she? A listening session seldom doesn't feature part or all of A Pocket of Wind Resistance just now.

Check out Martin Green of Lau fame. I've been really enjoying his solo/collaborative stuff, and note his cover of 'Laws of Motion'. Very different!

Unthanks are great. Staves pretty good. Someone introduced me to Nadia Reid recently - well worth a listen. Sort-of-folk and fabulous is Tim Smith era Midlake. I eagerly await more music from him, but won't hold my breath.

I'll check out those on your list.

Simon, for hundreds more suggestions please visit my music blog www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com and feel free to sign up if you like it.
    Pocket of Wind Resistance is a masterpiece... she's got another album due out this year too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast