+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belden Power Cable

I'm Russell.

Default Belden Power Cable

I’m putting together a long power cable for my mains block am using Belden 19364 cable.

Apart from the regular L, N & E cables, there’s another unsheathed cable as well (silver in the image below) - where do this go?

I'm John.

Connect it to the earth pin in the plug along with the insulated earth. You can connect the other end too if you like but maybe best to let it “float” .

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Connect it to the earth pin in the plug along with the insulated earth. You can connect the other end too if you like but maybe best to let it “float” .
    Oh I see - makes sense now.

Will make the amends that way now.

Thanks.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    +1 that is what I do as well

Excellent cable the belden I use it were ever I can

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread