+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One for the Sussex Coast Members.

I'm John.

Default One for the Sussex Coast Members.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ortofon-A...0AAOSwDNRcgrU8

I was forwarded this link by another forum member.
    It would be rude not to share.

I'm John.

Been drooling over that for a couple of days now, bloody wash basket is full of T shirts with stained fronts.

I'm John.

There has got to be a home demo, surely

I'm John.

Maybe...... But after Keggy, need to see if my Rock MK2 & OL Aurora Gold MK2 sell whilst I'm there along with my 70s system and other bits I'm taking for the sale table. Don't want to hear it & want it but have to give it back.
    Hifi pennies bucket is totally empty having bought a Tron Seven and Brinkmann Bardo in the last month.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I'd rather have a nice SPU!

Marco.
    To be scientific is to take into account all of reality, not to be selectively inattentive to the inconvenient -- Pharos 2019.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    You and ya fuller flavours

Either way this anniversary A90 will be very neutral and not have much of a flavour in itself allowing the music to flow out naturally and in all it's glory.

The A95 from what I know improves on that even further, extremely neutral but even more dynamic.

This A90 will be a superb buy for someone at that price, especially if it's in perfect working order with not too many hours on it - it's cheap fo what it is, It'll be gone in no time
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2, Technics EPA-250 Tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge with Fritz Gyger S re-tip, Panzerholz plinth,
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable - airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Marco.
    AFAIK, the Ortofon A90, A95 and A100 are the latest incarnations of the SPU. Sans the whale-shaped headshell, and in some cases 'nuded', but the SPU 'DNA' is still there.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    You and ya fuller flavours

Either way this anniversary A90 will be very neutral and not have much of a flavour in itself allowing the music to flow out naturally and in all it's glory.

The A95 from what I know improves on that even further, extremely neutral but even more dynamic.

This A90 will be a superb buy for someone at that price, especially if it's in perfect working order with not too many hours on it - it's cheap fo what it is, It'll be gone in no time
    Umm.... All I'll say is each to his or her own

Marco.
    To be scientific is to take into account all of reality, not to be selectively inattentive to the inconvenient -- Pharos 2019.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    AFAIK, the Ortofon A90, A95 and A100 are the latest incarnations of the SPU. Sans the whale-shaped headshell, and in some cases 'nuded', but the SPU 'DNA' is still there.
    My understanding is that the A90, A95 and Century are completely different cartridges to a SPU.

Yes a SPU has the SPU dna and all that makes it a SPU, but I've never heard that that same dna that makes a SPU a SPU is in the non SPU carts ie: Cadenza, Windfeld, Expression, A90, A95, Anna, Century - never heard there's something 'SPU' carried over to them, if you know what I mean
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2, Technics EPA-250 Tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge with Fritz Gyger S re-tip, Panzerholz plinth,
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Robert.

Umm.... All I'll say is each to his or her own

Marco.
    Me too Marco
    My System:
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast