+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonearm identification

I'm Alex.

Default Tonearm identification

Would you knowledgeable types please help with the identification of this tonearm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

Acos GST-1.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Acos GST-1.
    Indeed it is!

I'm Alex.

Any good?

I'm Geoff.

I've had a couple of them. Quite a nice arm, OK with MC's. The sliding base has to be locked tightly though, as they have some play.

They come with a screw in counterweight stub extension and extra weight that adds mass and permits balancing heavy carts. Yours seems to be missing (they usually are), but most of the time that won't matter.

Seen here:

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Charlie.

1970s tonearm often seen on early Regas - very competent, but not a stellar piece by any means
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Alex.

Think I’ll sell it on. Anyone like to provide a valuation?

I'm Grant.

200/250 at a guesstimate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

£250 would do me nicely. Thank you everyone

I'm Bruce.

Not a bad arm. On the other hand, if you ever come across a 801 GST that is in good shape that is a really wonderful arm....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast