+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Facts and realities?

I'm Edward.

In a different thread I linked to a scientific paper which demonstrated the ability of humans to be affected by inaudible high frequency sounds.

Here is the paper again.

https://www.physiology.org/doi/pdf/1...2000.83.6.3548

I'm sure that, over time, 'science' will keep catching up with various phenomena. The gap between 'objectivity' and 'subjectivity' will increasingly narrow but will always be there. Thankfully as otherwise Forums will cease to have a purpose.
    Source: Tidal/Roon
    DAC: Metrum HEX, Chevron Paradox

Amp: Sugden Masterclass 2018 spec, Radford Revival STA25 V,
    Speakers: Tannoy Eaton, Kudos Cardea

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I'm sure that, over time, 'science' will keep catching up with various phenomena.
    That is the key point, Edward! Scientific facts, when applied to audio, are rarely a 'done deal', but simply a reflection of our current learning. And that's the crucial point: we're continually on a learning curve, which is why it pisses me off when folk apply science to audio in such as 'black and white' way, simply to try and 'prove' a point

It's also why that, ultimately, I'll always trust my senses and gut instincts in audio, no matter what the supposed 'scientific facts' say to the contrary, and that approach will only change, as you say, when/if science catches up with what's revealed by the highly-attuned auditory senses we were born with!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Morning Oli

What are your thoughts on this?
    Hi Mr C

I have none! I really don't know anything like enough about this subject.

What I know is mainly practical listening based so when we get into the scientific explanation of sound, I am lost lol
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & 2x LPSU's with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Krell KSA100 MK2 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A
    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

I'm Jerry.

Oh dear
    I see that Nyquist Denial is here again.
    I'll just leave it alone this time and listen to some music.
    Jerry

Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Vincent SV-234 amp > MBL 116F speakers

Internet streaming > Audio lab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Oh dear
    cardinal theorem of interpolation...
    Is the correct term
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Oh dear
    Soz, what's that when it's at home?

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Jerry.

Nothing to do with your posts here, Marco.

Just someone saying that finer sampling under the Nyquist frequency gives better accuracy.
    It doesn't, the musical waveform can already be reconstructed accurately.
    This has been addressed several times on AOS, but it keeps coming back again.
    Jerry

Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Vincent SV-234 amp > MBL 116F speakers

Internet streaming > Audio lab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

Lol... Ok, I'll file it under 'techy shit'

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    cardinal theorem of interpolation...
    Is the correct term
    Some of the first work on sampling theory was undertaken by Shannon whilst working at the Bell Telephone Laboratories. He showed that to accurately sample a sine wave having a particular frequency, the sampling rate has to be double that frequency. The sampling frequency is also known as the Nyquist rate, or frequency.

Nyquist was a mathematician (also working at Bell Labs), who amongst other things, undertook the analysis of electronic thermal noise, as described by Johnson (it is thus also referred to as Johnson noise), and provided the formula for the mean square thermal noise voltage of a resistor of value R, at a temperature [I]T[/T] over a bandwidth B: 4kTRB.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Oh dear
    There is no straw that will not be clutched at.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast