+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Finland!

I'm Karl.

Default Hi from Finland!

Hi all,

Long time lurkers first post!

I initially joined this eminent forum to read and learn about allo’s digital streamer(s) and dacs for the raspberry pi. That was over a year ago.

Since then I gained interest in vinyl, stumbled upon LenoHeaven, got lost dreaming about my own project Lenco and soon after bought a L75.

To my delight there’s a very good vinyl coverage on this forum also, even a dedicated idler TT forum, great!

I am really enjoying my time here and wanted to introduce myself to be able to post in other threads and hopefully be able to use the marketplace.

I have gathered almost everything I need to build my ptp Lenco along with a DIY ad-797 phonostage. I have not even started building but already having a blast.

Br, Karl alias Zleepy

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Martin.

Hi Karl, welcome to the forum.

I can testify that it is possible to mod a Lenco GL75 into superdeck territory (one of those from Lenco Heaven) and that a properly sorted original one is also pretty capable. Let us know how you get on with it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Hello Karl. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure members can help answer any questions you may have.

Feel free to join in any threads that interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Daughter's ex-boyfriend was Finnish.
    We are Swedish/English so adding Finnish was good.

He introduced me to Kingston Wall (respect)!

I'm RPi / Kali -> I2S -> Najda 4ch DSP X/O DAC..
    RPi / Allo Kali is great..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

montesquieu Guest

Welcome!

Friend of mine is involved with a Big Band in Helsinki .. stayed at his summer place by a lake but was eaten by mosquitos! Think I'll stick to Helsinki next time. Nice jazz club up you have there, called Storyville if I recall correctly.

Anyway the band are superb: https://www.mosabackabigband.com/

I'm Karl.

Wow, I did not expect such attention! Thanks everyone for the welcoming!

@Magna: My mother tongue is Swedish, jag är finlandssvensk! I am still enjoying my Magna Ultimo Sonos Connect!

@montesquieu: I have played the trumpet in a big band for many years and I know about Mosabacka BigBand, I actually lived in Mosabacka for a while many years ago!

Br, Karl

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hi Karl, welcome to the forum.

I can testify that it is possible to mod a Lenco GL75 into superdeck territory (one of those from Lenco Heaven) and that a properly sorted original one is also pretty capable. Let us know how you get on with it.
    An “assuperasIcangetitdeck” is my goal Martin! Thanks for the encouragement! My Lenco will be a PTP6 with a 12” tonearm built by Sien from LH. My plinth will be a polyester/betonite affair to achieve high damping factor for taming the vibrant Lenco motor.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Karl.

Spent some time in southern Finland a few years ago - lovely country with beautiful forests, friendly people and great food and beer!

Couldn't understand a word of Finnish (being one of the language isolates), but in Helsinki there are a lot of Swedes, so most of the signs are bilingual. Swedish is a branch of the Indo-European tree of languages, Latin being another branch, so surprisingly I could get the gist of the Swedish better than Finnish.

Once we has worked out the road markings (highway numbers, junction numbers, and speed restrictions) we didn't get lost quite so often when driving around as we did initially!

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread