+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS:Reflector 6H23N-EB valves

I'm David.

Default FS:Reflector 6H23N-EB valves

Just bought these from Adrian then realised that they aren’t going to work for me. That means that they are back up for sale. I’d like to get what I paid Adrian for them which was £60 for the pair.

Here’s a little more info on the ECC88 equivalent valves

Reflector Corp, Saratov: The Reflector Corp based in Saratov in Russia made some of the best Russian military types. Reflector has built large thyratrons as well as signal valves with most of its production going to the Russian government. All items are original Military sourced items and therefore offer superb build and sound quality.

"The Reflector 6H23N-EB is a Russian super premium 6922 that was made for the Russian military. The valve was designed to be immune to shock and vibration and these valves were internally ruggedized. So this gives the valve the lowest microphoney of any 6922 type. This valve has plenty of deep musical bass definition which is very detailed and rhythmical. It has a very musical and transparent midband which is excellent on vocals and strings. The top end is also very clear without the hardness that is common in all the current production ECC88/6922 valves. The 6H23N-EB major strong point is that it excels in detail, speed, and soundstage."

The NOS 6H23N-EB (Premium) tube is a very noticeable upgrade over the Sovtek 6922 tube and Electro Harmonix 6922 tube. They are incredibly durable and can handle the punishment of modern pre-amps, including those made by Audible Illusions. They excel in detail, speed, and soundstage. The highs have air and sound natural.

This premium Russian built NOS 6922 tube replacement is also known by various Russian names, including 6N23n-EB, 6H23N-EB and 6N23. These are the hard to find NOS (new old stock) of premium quality in both sound and construction.

This item has is very low noise and exceptionally low in microphonics and out performs all NOS valves from Mullard, Philips, RCA, G.E in this respect. If you look on the internet you will see nothing but praise and super reviews. People claim these are better than the German CCa, 7308 and Mullard CV2493.

The 6922 / 6DJ8 tube type is equivalent to the European ECC88 / E88CC tube and can be used in any 6922, 6DJ8 or ECC88

https://www.thetubestore.com/6h23n-eb-6922

When comparing the Russian Military 6H23p-EB tube against production tubes, this tube is truly something special. But against other good NOS tubes in this price range, it depends.The best thing about this tube is its transparency, speed and three dimensional soundstage. The tube sounds very linear. It has a really tight and controlled bass, but compared to some NOS tubes, it can feel a bit lean and clinical. The mids are better but still lacking warmth. The highs is where the tube really shines.Listening to this tube reminds me of listening to a Siemens CCa, it is fast and tight but lacks a certain substance or euphoric feel.This tube would be a good complement to an overly warm setup, but if you're looking to make your setup warmer, there are much better NOS tubes out there.
    Last edited by djdstone; 10-03-2019 at 17:13.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by djdstone View Post
    Just bought these from Adrian then realised that they aren’t going to work for me. That means that they are back up for sale. I’d like to get what I paid Adrian for them which was £60 for the pair.

Here’s a little more info on the ECC82 equivalent valves

Reflector Corp, Saratov: The Reflector Corp based in Saratov in Russia made some of the best Russian military types. Reflector has built large thyratrons as well as signal valves with most of its production going to the Russian government. All items are original Military sourced items and therefore offer superb build and sound quality.

"The Reflector 6H23N-EB is a Russian super premium 6922 that was made for the Russian military. The valve was designed to be immune to shock and vibration and these valves were internally ruggedized. So this gives the valve the lowest microphoney of any 6922 type. This valve has plenty of deep musical bass definition which is very detailed and rhythmical. It has a very musical and transparent midband which is excellent on vocals and strings. The top end is also very clear without the hardness that is common in all the current production ECC88/6922 valves. The 6H23N-EB major strong point is that it excels in detail, speed, and soundstage."

The NOS 6H23N-EB (Premium) tube is a very noticeable upgrade over the Sovtek 6922 tube and Electro Harmonix 6922 tube. They are incredibly durable and can handle the punishment of modern pre-amps, including those made by Audible Illusions. They excel in detail, speed, and soundstage. The highs have air and sound natural.

This premium Russian built NOS 6922 tube replacement is also known by various Russian names, including 6N23n-EB, 6H23N-EB and 6N23. These are the hard to find NOS (new old stock) of premium quality in both sound and construction.

This item has is very low noise and exceptionally low in microphonics and out performs all NOS valves from Mullard, Philips, RCA, G.E in this respect. If you look on the internet you will see nothing but praise and super reviews. People claim these are better than the German CCa, 7308 and Mullard CV2493.

The 6922 / 6DJ8 tube type is equivalent to the European ECC88 / E88CC tube and can be used in any 6922, 6DJ8 or ECC88

https://www.thetubestore.com/6h23n-eb-6922

When comparing the Russian Military 6H23p-EB tube against production tubes, this tube is truly something special. But against other good NOS tubes in this price range, it depends.The best thing about this tube is its transparency, speed and three dimensional soundstage. The tube sounds very linear. It has a really tight and controlled bass, but compared to some NOS tubes, it can feel a bit lean and clinical. The mids are better but still lacking warmth. The highs is where the tube really shines.Listening to this tube reminds me of listening to a Siemens CCa, it is fast and tight but lacks a certain substance or euphoric feel.This tube would be a good complement to an overly warm setup, but if you're looking to make your setup warmer, there are much better NOS tubes out there.
    David,

I think you made a mistake as far as I am aware they are not usable as ECC82's(see in RED above) replacements only for ECC88 or 6922 equivalents. Valves can be very confusing. I would reword this quickly.

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm David.

Done

I'm David.

still for sale - forgot to update my thread

+ Reply to Thread