+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A decent integrated

I'm Josie.

Default A decent integrated

Hi all.

A friend of mine is looking for a decent integrated amplifier for not much outlay. Phono stage would be good too.

Her speakers are Tannoys but can't remember the type.

Can anyone recommend something, old or new it's not an issue so long as it sounds decent.

Many thanks
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Steve.

Sony's old ES range of integrateds with phono look like a lot of sound per pound. Robert (Robbiegong) would be a good source of info on quality Japanese amps.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

What about a Denon PMA-350SE? My favourite budget amp!

A good one is under £100 on ebay. They sound remarkably nice through Tannoys and offer a useful and punchy 50 watts. If you're lucky, you'll find one with the excellent optional phono stage already included. I've had a couple of these and they always make me smile when I try them 'cos they sound so darn good, the transparency is way better than you'd expect.

Just did a search and found this very nice example with phono stage here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-PMA...kAAOSwqHFce9HC
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm richard.

not much wrong with Arcam Alpha Amps. I think from 5 to 10 they all carried and internal phono stage ??. Cheap on ebay and lots of them generally

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What about a Denon PMA-350SE? My favourite budget amp!

A good one is under £100 on ebay. They sound remarkably nice through Tannoys and offer a useful and punchy 50 watts. If you're lucky, you'll find one with the excellent optional phono stage already included. I've had a couple of these and they always make me smile when I try them 'cos they sound so darn good, the transparency is way better than you'd expect.

Just did a search and found this very nice example with phono stage here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-PMA...kAAOSwqHFce9HC

Yeah, nice amp the Denon especially at that money about 50wpc I believe.

The Sony TA-F540E is another cracking budget piece as Scott (AlexB) here has found https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-Sony-TA-F540E 90wpc and nice solid build - A lot of amp for what they go for.

This Sony TA-F630 ES is another very nice amp at £149. 80wpc and great build as is the case with the Sony ES's https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-TA-F...YAAOSwE6VcgrtV

My recommendation is to always factor in a service and check over with any used amps / kit for peace of mind and enjoying these things at their best.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Alan.

I have a Kenwood KA-1030 with phono stage that I am looking for £40 for.

I will be taking it to the Wam show at Kegworth to go in the bring and buy next weekend if not interested.

I'm Dan.

My Denon PMA 350SE is up for sale at £50 but if you need posting im not sure how much this would be - also no Phono stage included with this one..
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    My Denon PMA 350SE is up for sale at £50 but if you need posting im not sure how much this would be - also no Phono stage included with this one..
    I posted an amp about the same size this week via Parcelforce and it cost £18.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Phil.

there will be plenty of amps at kegworth i think . firebottle and i may be taking a big philips FA880 too which is rather good
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Steve.

I did not know there was a bring & buy there - so I will bring my Bow Wazoo XL which I haven't got round to putting on eBay yet. Sorry about the thread hijack Josie, as you were.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast