+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE speaker cable

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicals View Post
    I think it means what you have taken in actual money, not just the profit, I may be wrong in terms of Sole Trader and then theres you other employment, if you have another job, which would essentially put in the higher tax bracket and then rebated come tax time. It was brutal for me for a while working full time and also having freelance contracts.
    Its still under. Just. No sales will be made in the next week, deliberately, so that'll end the Tax year nicely.

Same again next year.

I'll investigate the ins and outs of it.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage
    Digital: Orchard Audio PecanPi with JRiver
    Preamplifier: DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator or Neurochrome Differential Preamp
    Amplification: Neurochrome Modulus 686
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Mordaunt Short Performance 880

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Martin.

Its not complete bollocks at all, not in the slightest, and please watch your language on a family friendly forum, that is unpleasant to read.

Anyhow, agree to disagree.

I'm fine to agree to disagree but many years experience in taking several dozen companies and individuals to Court is what convinces me I'm correct.

Actually it is okay to swear on this site, we don't make any claims to be 'family friendly'. Nevertheless I do apologise for being overly direct.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

I didn't know I could swear on this site. Thats wonderful news
    I was going to say 'it's fucking amazing', but unfortunately my natural restraint precludes that.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Mark.

Indeed.

100% Analogue

I'm Geoff.

Can members please stick to enquiries about and discussion of Oliver's cables. The thread has been getting pretty off-topic. Thanks.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Can members please stick to enquiries about and discussion of Oliver's cables. The thread has been getting pretty off-topic. Thanks.
    Indeed, and moreover, remember that this is someone's trade thread, where the purpose is for a trader to sell their wares without anyone spoiling that or being negative, same as applies on private sales threads.

Therefore. as per the rules, no further thread-crapping will be allowed [indeed the last examples of that have been removed], and anyone guilty of this from now on will be banned in accordance with the rules, clearly outlined at the top of this section of the forum!

So, let's now return to discussing Oliver's cables, nothing else. Cheers.

Marco.
    Proud anti-establishment/elite 'heretic', motivated to expose widespread Establishment bias, cover-ups and mind-control!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just a reminder to everyone of the rules for this part of the forum :https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...SE-READ!!!-***

Please comply with them accordingly.

Marco.
    Proud anti-establishment/elite 'heretic', motivated to expose widespread Establishment bias, cover-ups and mind-control!

I'm Steve.

Hi All,

I recently bought myself a pair of Oliver's New Speaker cables and thought I would post my thoughts.

Setup was the new Project 2xperience SB DC fitted with At33ptg through a Pure Sound T10 sut into P10 phono stage

DCB1 turbo preamp into a Pair of Firebottle Monos

Speakers were Spendor S6e floor standers

All cables for the review were Spotfire RCA and Spotfire Speaker Cables.

Albums were Pink Floyd - The division Bell,

Yello - Toy

Queen - Re Mastered Greatest Hits.

Ill keep this short, I hate waffle. I've used many cables from cheap Qed 79 Strand through to Chord Silver Spiral with many others in between and noticed a little change in how the sound was
    presented, liking some and hating others, the best to date in my system had been Tellurium so stuck with that for the past year or so.
    Yesterday I finally had the chance to hook up the Spotfire ( massive cables by any standard ) and oh my god what a revelation. These cables Slaughter anything I have used before, the have the biggest widest deepest soundstage ive ever heard, you can pinpoint every instrument and voices hover right in front of you almost as if you could close your eyes, reach out and touch the artist...
    treble is well extended without being over bearing bass is tight and very low but its the mids that impressed me the most, absolutely no grain full of air and plenty of space around the vocalist.
    I think Oliver has done the same with this speaker cable as he did with the interconnects. Full blooded hard hitting and very musical cable with the best sound stage I've heard at any price.. I would gladly pay double what I paid and still think Id got a bargain.

My only criticism would be how stiff the cable is and you need plenty room behind your equipment rack to use this cable but, if you have the room boy are you in for a treat
    Regards Steve
    Well Done Oliver -- nice one mate, top notch cable

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Technics SP10 tt. Cart: At33ptg
    Project 2xperience sb dc
    Nelson Pass DCB1 pre
    Audio Research 75hd
    Aragon 4004 dual mono
    Monarchy Audio SM70
    CD Player: Cyrus cd8se
    Spotfire Speaker Cable
    Rogers Ls3/5a 15ohm
    Tannoy Eaton

I'm Oliver.

Thanks Steve!!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage
    Digital: Orchard Audio PecanPi with JRiver
    Preamplifier: DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator or Neurochrome Differential Preamp
    Amplification: Neurochrome Modulus 686
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Mordaunt Short Performance 880

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Rob.

Iíve had my Spotfire speaker cables for three weeks now. The first official pair of ĎReference Spotfireí speaker cables (plus matching jumper cables) I believe? The first thing which strikes you is how thick and substantial looking they are. The next thing is the build quality. The fit and finish is top notch, very neat and tidy. This came as no surprise as I already own a pair of the Spotfire interconnects.

Oliver said they require circa 100 hours running in before they reach their optimum level. I would say mine have 50 odd hours on them at the moment so please bear that in mind.

I bought a pair of Spotfire interconnects last May and Iíve been extremely impressed with them. When I saw Oliver was making Spotfire speaker cables I contacted him immediately.
    Sadly, as most of you will be aware Oliver had a motorcycle accident and wasnít in any fit state to make any cables. He asked if I could contact him a month later and see how he was feeling then. I did just that and even though he wasnít feeling 100% he said heíd make the cables for me. An order was placed and within 10 days I had the cables in my hand.

My previous speaker cables were Chord Co Signatureís (the MK1 version) which Iíve had since 2014 which and been very happy with them.
    At first you arenít quite sure what the differences/improvements are but itís not long before they start to show their true colours.
    The soundstage is a lot wider with space and depth between the instruments. Instruments have a more authentic sound and you can feel the way they were struck. Itís hard to describe but itís all there in front of you.

I agree with James @jimbo with his and his wifeís findings (by chance I contacted Oliver last week to give him an update on how I was getting along with the Spotfireís and I used the same analogy as @jimbo I too found the change from the Chordís to the Spotfire cables similar to the move from MM carts to a (very) decent MC cart. Everything has a move real/authentic sound plus the presentation is more relaxed and easier to listen to. Iíve been amazed at the extra detail the Spotfireís have retrieved.

Going back to the Chord Signatures they initially impressed but itís not long before you start missing the Spotfireís.
    Iíve now sold the Chord Signatures and Iíve also placed an order for another set of Interconnects. So I think thatís the best recommendations I can give.

One last thing. Oliver has been a pleasure to deal with. Even though heís still far from fully recovered from his accident heís got back to emails quickly and turned around the order very quickly.

Cheers
    Rob

PS: I haven't connected the Shielding cables yet so can't comment on whether they make a difference or not.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast