+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2Qute vs Qutest preference

I'm Mathew.

Default 2Qute vs Qutest preference

Hi audio people,

I'm sure this question has been asked several times, my search skills must be poor;

Does anyone think that the Chord Qutest has better SQ than the 2Qute but still prefer listening to the latter?

Can't really put my finger on why...

Just to add, I'm running Croft valve amps with Kudos speakers

I'm Chip.

Hi, you didn't specify if you owned or have listened to both? I currently have a Chord Qutest and a friend of mine has a 2Qute and we recently did some comparing using his system and to make a long story short, the Qutest did have blacker background and sounded more dynamic but only by a small margin. My friend was considering selling his 2Qute to get the Qutest but the SQ gain was too subtle to justify the expense.

So to answer your question, perhaps its because the sound is so similar that the left side of your brain is telling you that the 2Qute is more enjoyable.

I'm gone.

It doesn't directly address your issue, but I have auditioned a Chord Hugo2 DAC and hated it deeply for its sterile, uninvolving sound, but I am now using and loving an original Hugo, alleged to be inferior but not to my ears!

So, yes, go with your own perceptions!

+ Reply to Thread