+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evolution

I'm Nick.

6 hours into the cables (for reference).

From minute one of using these cables I've heard far more detail from my system than ever before. I'll probably keep going back to the detail because it's still quite astounding to me.

At first I did have some trepidations toward them as I felt they were a little bright on a few songs. However, after listening to some AC/DC, Jack Johnson and Radiohead (a few of their songs I know very well) I realised all the cables were guilty of were being very revealing. If I listen to a good recording that fact is incredible, I'm hearing things within the music I wasn't hearing before. Poorly recorded songs that are a little bright are highlighted for being so, songs that are dull are highlighted for being so etc...

I'm not well versed in the jargon of hifi but I'm knowledgeable enough to say these are the best interconnects I've ever heard (in my short years in this game).

Can't thank Tony enough for turning me onto this rabbit hole haha. Can't thank Brian enough for such a stellar job on the cables!

I'll be getting plenty more hours on them soon!!
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm gone.

What cables are you assessing them against, Nick?

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    What cables are you assessing them against, Nick?
    I believe they were Klotz MC5000, apologies I can't remember the plugs on they, they were a loan, don't quote me any of that lol
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    6 hours into the cables (for reference).

From minute one of using these cables I've heard far more detail from my system than ever before. I'll probably keep going back to the detail because it's still quite astounding to me.

At first I did have some trepidations toward them as I felt they were a little bright on a few songs. However, after listening to some AC/DC, Jack Johnson and Radiohead (a few of their songs I know very well) I realised all the cables were guilty of were being very revealing. If I listen to a good recording that fact is incredible, I'm hearing things within the music I wasn't hearing before. Poorly recorded songs that are a little bright are highlighted for being so, songs that are dull are highlighted for being so etc...

I'm not well versed in the jargon of hifi but I'm knowledgeable enough to say these are the best interconnects I've ever heard (in my short years in this game).

Can't thank Tony enough for turning me onto this rabbit hole haha. Can't thank Brian enough for such a stellar job on the cables!

I'll be getting plenty more hours on them soon!!
    Thanks Nick , I appreciate your feedback
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Guess I might get a listen next week
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

Nick assessed a number of interconnects i loaned him and settled on the mc5000s Brian had built.

He ruled out atlas/belkin and neotech ICs all copper with gold plated plugs.

I'm gone.

Thanks Nick and Tony - "far more detail" begs the question Far more detail than what?!

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Nick assessed a number of interconnects i loaned him and settled on the mc5000s Brian had built.

He ruled out atlas/belkin and neotech ICs all copper with gold plated plugs.
    Atlas were too bright. Those Neotech were too dull. Belkin were actually quite nice but no where near as detailed as the mc5000s (think I liked the belkin because belkin av was my current interconnects at the time, so maybe a little bias there)

All my opinion.

I'm tony.

Jerry,
    I had a couple of hours with them last weekend.

I have top notch silver cables in my set up just now but what the latest incarnation brought was a significant increase in musical detail.

Tracks i know very well showed up double and triple tracking on vocals i hadnt really picked up on.

I wasnt aware that my current cables were producing a bit of hash to the sound and a slight sibilance.

My sound stage widened with a proper sense of being able to place instruments.

The speed the music was starting and stopping was very noticeable,the dynamics were the best ive heard my system sounding.

Brian has finished both cables and had a listen in his system, im picking them up tomorrow so will be able to access them in my system and see whats what.

Both 1m so hopefully be ok length wise for folks to give them a listen.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Jerry,
    I had a couple of hours with them last weekend.

I have top notch silver cables in my set up just now but what the latest incarnation brought was a significant increase in musical detail.

Tracks i know very well showed up double and triple tracking on vocals i hadnt really picked up on.

I wasnt aware that my current cables were producing a bit of hash to the sound and a slight sibilance.

My sound stage widened with a proper sense of being able to place instruments.

The speed the music was starting and stopping was very noticeable,the dynamics were the best ive heard my system sounding.

Brian has finished both cables and had a listen in his system, im picking them up tomorrow so will be able to access them in my system and see whats what.

Both 1m so hopefully be ok length wise for folks to give them a listen.
    :waiting:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast