+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second hand con artists.

I'm Colin.

Default Second hand con artists.

I have just been dealing yet again unknowingly with a dealer in second hand Hifi. Who told me his beloved Claymore was duff, I upgraded it and sent it back insured via Hermes, No Hermes have told me it was delivered and sign for, end of subject you may think, no way. This human then tell me his has not got it, and after a few weak starts to threaten me by txt. Oh the police have been informed as this txting is illegal.

This is going to stop, I will now not fix any Claymores and will certainly not deal with quick buck merchants that have told big lies.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    I have just been dealing yet again unknowingly with a dealer in second hand Hifi. Who told me his beloved Claymore was duff, I upgraded it and sent it back insured via Hermes, No Hermes have told me it was delivered and sign for, end of subject you may think, no way. This human then tell me his has not got it, and after a few weak starts to threaten me by txt. Oh the police have been informed as this txting is illegal.

This is going to stop, I will now not fix any Claymores and will certainly not deal with quick buck merchants that have told big lies.
    I presume that you've got Hermes proof of delivery. My dealings with Hermes give me the impression that they have improved over the last few years.
    Spendorman

Bigman80 Guest

Sad times when Individuals behave like this, Colin.

As long as you have proof that the delivery was made, you should be fine. I'd be on to Hermes and just double checking if it were me.

Hope it works out!

I'm Mike.

Problem is it's on the sender to sort it all out which is a pain.

Need to see proof of signature which Hermes will have and then try and work out who signed it.

This is why I use Royal Mail Special Delivery as they require a signature from the person on the address and no one else and you can't see the signature online within a hour or so if when it was signed for.

Recorded delivery doesn't do this ( need to wait you to 72 hours ) so I'm pretty sure couriers will be the same, recorded delivery only requires a signature it doesn't even have to be the person living at that address. I know Colin has used Hermes but I'm just mentioning the Recorded delivery signature issue to highlight to others.

I'm Chris.

Yes not easy at all checking proper delivery, but state what has happened to Hermes to see if they have record where it ended up
    This may involve them speaking to their own delivery employee. Hopefully it is not a case of the receiver already receiving

On this side of the world I have seen parcels arrive here, 10 house numbers out, the delivery person has gone before I get to the door
    and I then walk the parcel to its correct address, I would have to say though,99% of the time couriers do an excellent job.

So suggest follow with Hermes to see if its an honest mistake, before getting too hot under the collar so to speak.
    Their contact details are: https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our-s...very/services/
    hopefully they can work out what happened.

I'm Alex.

A few years ago I sent a laptop by Hermes, it arrived OK, but have a feeling that they would not pay compensation for electronic equipment damaged or lost. May be wrong on this, worth checking up on though.
    Spendorman

I'm Gary.

Hi, I have quite a lot of experience with logistics and delivery companies. Under UK law it is you who chose to send it by Hermes the customer had no choice in the matter. Now there is things you can do.
    1 Make sure you use a logistics company that uses GPS all the time.
    2 If there is a dispute you will check the GPS location when the item was signed for!
    3 If the item was delivered to the address GPS proof then the customer is trying it on, if the GPS states the item was delivered somewhere else then the courier can either get it back or pay out.

I'm Grant.

i HAVE HAD hERMES PLACE my parcel in the blue paper bin before... if it was to be emptied or i didnt know it was there it could go amissing.. The courier doesnt get paid if they dont deliver so they always deliver, somewhere; I believe they have improved recently tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i HAVE HAD hERMES PLACE my parcel in the blue paper bin before... if it was to be emptied or i didnt know it was there it could go amissing.. The courier doesnt get paid if they dont deliver so they always deliver, somewhere; I believe they have improved recently tho.
    I'm lucky, there is usually only one guy that Hermes use to deliver here, he's an older guy, even older than me! and I know him. Never had anything damaged when he's delivered it. I know that it also depends at the care taken at the other end.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post

It's hard to know if the geezer you sent it to is the knobhead or Hermes,Hermes recently left my £400 soundbar in my neighbour's yard in the rain, no card throught the door just email saying delivered!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast