+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Valves PsVanne, Reflector, and Edicron

I'm Adrian.

Default FS: Valves PsVanne, Reflector, and Edicron

Having recently changed amplifiers I kept my best valves which I brought to upgrade and am selling those that I no longer need.

Matched Pair PsVanne CV181-T2 / 6SN7 Reference series Black Bottles (I believe these are no longer available) an excellent natural and musical sounding valve one of the best, about 350 hours on them, just about bedded in.

£160 for the pair plus P&P (new equivalents are £200+ for a pair and not as good IMO)

I also have a spare matched pair of PsVanne 300B T2 Reference Black Bottles that I might be persuaded to sell.

PsVanne CV181-T2 / 6SN7 Reference series Black Bottles below:

Box

Box

Matched pair of Reflector 6H23N-EB (replacement for ECC88/6922 valves), about 350 hours on them

SOLD - £60 for the pair plus P&P (about £100-110 for a new matched pair)

Taken from Watford Valves:-
    "The Reflector 6H23N-EB is a Russian super premium 6922 that was made for the Russian military. The valve was designed to be immune to shock and vibration and these valves were internally ruggedized. So this gives the valve the lowest microphoney of any 6922 type. This valve has plenty of deep musical bass definition which is very detailed and rhythmical. It has a very musical and transparent midband which is excellent on vocals and strings. The top end is also very clear without the hardness that is common in all the current production ECC88/6922 valves. The 6H23N-EB major strong point is that it excels in detail, speed, and soundstage."

Pair of EDICRON 5U4G valves, these are virtually un-obtainable, they are a very good stable valve

£30 the pair plus P&P, I would estimate around 500+ hours of use.

Last edited by AJSki2fly; 06-03-2019 at 14:10.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

I have lowered prices slightly. The PsVanne's and Reflector's are great valves and are definitely good sonically well worth trying out, the improvement is more openness, greater detail and control.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm David.

Default ECC88S

[QUOTE=AJSki2fly;1067121]I have lowered prices slightly. The PsVanne's and Reflector's are great valves and are definitely good sonically well worth trying out, the improvement is more openness, greater detail and control.[/QUOTE
    Interested in the reflectors

I'm Adrian.

[QUOTE=djdstone;1067262]
    Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I have lowered prices slightly. The PsVanne's and Reflector's are great valves and are definitely good sonically well worth trying out, the improvement is more openness, greater detail and control.[/QUOTE
    Interested in the reflectors
    PM sent, thanks, I have marked the Reflector 6H23N-EB valves as sold awaiting payment.

I'm John.

Must admit I don't know much about valves or valve types/attributes, I just use whats in the Amp already.
    My Icon Audio 845SEs are currently fitted with SG 6SN7 2nd stage valves, (pot bellys) would the PsVanes be an uplift on these or just a different flavour??

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Must admit I don't know much about valves or valve types/attributes, I just use whats in the Amp already.
    My Icon Audio 845SEs are currently fitted with SG 6SN7 2nd stage valves, (pot bellys) would the PsVanes be an uplift on these or just a different flavour??
    Hi John,

I used to have Electro Harmonix 6SN7 which are an average valve and the amp sounded quite good. I purchased the PsVanne CV181-T2 / 6SN7 Reference series Black Bottles and the they just made it sound more open and better soundstage definition, also seemed tonally smoother. So IMO they were worth it. There are several threads on here relating to changing valves (valve rolling as it is known), basically the quality of materials and effort put into making a higher quality valve results in a better SQ to one of lesser quality put in the same amplifier, the better the quality the more stable and accurate they are in simple terms.

Have a look at your valves there should be a manufacture make printed on them either on the base or the glass. I believe the Icon Audio 845SE is their flagship model but that does not mean they put high quality valves in it. If they put top end valves into it then it could easily add around£500-800 or more to the price. The tendency for manufactures is to supply amps with standard and acceptable valves. Looking at photos on Ikons web site they possibly could be Electro Harmonix 6SN7's and they have two versions.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Cheers

Adrian

I'm John.

Thanks for the quick overview, I will have a read/ask around, hopefully (for me anyway) they will still be here in a couple of days.
    Have just checked the Hifi World Review (Jan 09) as they give the lowdown on what is fitted for the SE, and also have a pic of the same animal as I have inplace. HFW state the SE is fitted with a Special large bulb, heavy duty Shuguang 6SN7 (looks like a bulb of garlic stuck on top of a white collar).

I'm Adrian.

Reflectors now SOLD

PsVanne 300B's and Edicron 5U4G's are still for sale.

I'm Adrian.

These will soon be going up on eBay so if you want to get some good valves especially the PsVanne's then PM me.

I'm John.

Post Removed
    Last edited by JohnG; 09-03-2019 at 11:42. Reason: Different thread for the subject would be appropriate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast