If you think you've got an encyclopedic knowledge of music 1960-2000, and a love of all genres, as well as having strong opinions, well hello!

First album purchases.

What's Goin' On-Marvin Gaye,Aladdin Sane-David Bowie,For Your Pleasure-Roxy Music, Ziggy Stardust-David Bowie, Innervisions-Stevie Wonder. Great taste eh!

All purchased when I was 14 with pocket money I'd saved up. I started a Saturday job when I was 15, and that's when I would buy an album at lunchtime every week. Bought the NME every Thursday - the bible - kept every issue for 10 years! Recently sold the years 1977-1980 to a guy in Germany on e-bay. First gig I went to was Roxy Music at the Liverpool Empire in 1974. I also went The Factory (then The Russell Club) in Manchester, and Eric's in Liverpool.

I found myself working at the Lyceum ballroom in the Strand in 1981, as assistant manager -yes, where Bob Marley recorded his legendary 1975 live album - and saw loads of live bands there, starting on my first day with the Clash. I worked on the BRIT awards show in 1982 -then called the Rock and Pop Awards! Remember that? Hosted by DLT and Sue Cook (off Crimewatch!)

I also once made a flan for the Thompson Twins and once acted as a minder for Don Estelle!

My Panasonic Technics system bought in 1993 is still in action, and the original vinyl is sounding good.