+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Posselt Albatross Speakers

I'm Manny.

Default For Sale: Posselt Albatross Speakers

Posselt Albatross Speakers

With my system seldom used, I've made the decision to downsize.

Very rarely seen for sale and in this finish and condition.

Hand-built by Jens Posselt in Denmark, all solid wood - no veneers, sold new by Nottingham Analogue Studio in Nottingham in 1999. The original supports have been modified to comprise allen-key tightened , MDF circular discs with rubber feet. The original horn-loaded tweeters were replaced by vastly superior ScanSpeak Classic tweeters in 2013, by speaker experts Wilmslow Audio in Leics and all passive components, wiring and cross-overs including the high quality polypropylene capacitors were checked. Speaker terminals accept banana plugs, spades or bare wire.

Please note the left speaker wood appears faded in the image with speaker grills on - they are not faded - this is caused by overexposure by my phones camera.

UK sale only, payment via Bank transfer, sell for £1495. I don't have the original packaging and I will not ship - so collection only.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    Posselt Albatross Speakers

With my system seldom used, I've made the decision to downsize.

Very rarely seen for sale and in this finish and condition.

Hand-built by Jens Posselt in Denmark, all solid wood - no veneers, sold new by Nottingham Analogue Studio in Nottingham in 1999. The original supports have been modified to comprise allen-key tightened , MDF circular discs with rubber feet. The original horn-loaded tweeters were replaced by vastly superior ScanSpeak Classic tweeters in 2013, by speaker experts Wilmslow Audio in Leics and all passive components, wiring and cross-overs including the high quality polypropylene capacitors were checked. Speaker terminals accept banana plugs, spades or bare wire.

Please note the left speaker wood appears faded in the image with speaker grills on - they are not faded - this is caused by overexposure by my phones camera.

UK sale only, payment via Bank transfer, sell for £1495. I don't have the original packaging and I will not ship - so collection only.

What an unusual looking speaker,I think they look great wish I had the space/coin for something like this
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Charlie.

Truly lovely speakers. I coveted a pair of these in the 90s, after hearing them at GT Audio. Sound great and look stunning. Your pair look perfect. Had these come up a few months ago, I would have bought them for my second system. Good luck with the sale.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Ian.

I heard a pair of these at Tom Fletchers (Nottingham Analogue) RIP place and it was one of the best sounds ever

I'm Rick.

PM sent Manny.
    Bits:

Amps:

Avondale

Analogue:

Acoustic Signature Analogue 1 mkIII

Gold Note PH10

Digital:

Resolution Audio Opus21

Speakers:

AudioNote J