+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caiman Seg Sound Options.

I'm Michael.

Default Caiman Seg Sound Options.

Has anyone settled on any of the sound options with the Caiman seg using various sources?

I'm Dave.

3 for me after a long burn in
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Lee.

3 for me too

I'm Geoff.

I think you need to be specific which EPROM your SEG is using. I am guessing that the profiles differ somewhat in the latest EPROM.

Geoff
    Last edited by Sherwood; 03-03-2019 at 10:48.

I'm Alastair.

I think it may depend on your source. With my Allo DigiOne I find the 1 setting the best (setting 3 was too bright). With a HiFiBerry Digi+ setting 3 was best
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Lee.

Don’t forget you need to change them for each input too,I thought my cca/Spotify was ok,not bad,then I realised the setting was specific to the input not the whole dac,changed to setting 3 and am absolutely blown away by just how good Spotify is through this (latest firmware and clock and supercap)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I think it may depend on your source. With my Allo DigiOne I find the 1 setting the best (setting 3 was too bright). With a HiFiBerry Digi+ setting 3 was best
    I completely forgot about these since buying my RPI with HiFiBerry Digi+, I did originally try them bu could not decide which I preferred. I have used my Caiman SEG quite a lot now so should be quite stable by now.

I have just tried setting 3 with the coax from the Digi+ and I think this sounds the best for me. My Meridian 508 CD is feeding the optical on the Digi+, later when I play a CD I will try all 3 and see which works best. I'm not sure but think I am the latest EPROM, or was in November last year.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Michael.

In relpy to Sherwood, it is the latest Caiman, with the latest firmware, and powered by The Dorado

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    Don’t forget you need to change them for each input too,I thought my cca/Spotify was ok,not bad,then I realised the setting was specific to the input not the whole dac,changed to setting 3 and am absolutely blown away by just how good Spotify is through this (latest firmware and clock and supercap)
    Good tip. I had always done my comparison with flac files streamed from my NAS. Both Radio Paradise and Spotify sound better with 3.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Dave.

Latest firmware on my SEG as well
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

+ Reply to Thread