+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wallet went into labour

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I have two machines- Tandberg TD20A and a Pioneer RT 909. I mostly use mine for recording stuff from Sky Arts HD and similar, gigs that are not available any other way. There is also a lot of extremely well recorded acoustic concerts that just sound fantastic on R to R. The Tandberg is a truly superb sounding machine, the Pioneer lags a bit by comparison but is so pretty it’s worth having just to look at. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

I like the analogue sound be it tape or vinyl. Now on a good well set up machine you can record from cd and give it the analogue sound or put digital stuff on or a few albums then sit back and listen far longer than a cd or 1 side of an lp and not have to get up and break the mood.Plus they look cool as hell.
    I also have a Tascam 34 and Akai 4000ds
    Gary.
    Technics SE-9600-Technics SU-9600--Technics Technics RS-9900-ST-9600-Technics SH-9010 EQ-Hitachi HCA7500 pre Technics 1210mk2,SL P1200 cdp.Moth mkII RCM, Revox B77mKii,Pioneer CT-F1250-Nakamichi MR-1.Technics A900 mkll,Technics 631 cassette deck,Yamaha cr-1000 & Cr-600,Celestion Ditton 44's & 15xr's,Thorens TD-150mkll,Tascam 34,Akia 4000DS,Leak 2000 and assortment of Technics cd and minidisc players and Mission/AR/Kef speakers

I'm Russell.

Surely one of the main joys of any recording machine is the ability to make compilations! And, allowing it to play for hours on end without having to intervene is something the R to R does well. I’m not sure what the total playing time is?

Russell

I'm Chris.

Reel to Reel tape running times are here: http://www.soundabout.net/audio/conv...running-times/

Lower speed audio fidelity can be improved upon by using a DBX type 1 preferably, or type 2 , I last used reel to reel in the late 1970's a Teac 3300SX

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Reel to Reel tape running times are here: http://www.soundabout.net/audio/conv...running-times/

Lower speed audio fidelity can be improved upon by using a DBX type 1 preferably, or type 2 , I last used reel to reel in the late 1970's a Teac 3300SX
    That’s a nice reference! And seems that sacrificing a bit of quality can get you 6 hours of playback time, not too shabby. Plenty of time to woo the missus.

Russell

I'm Steve.

If I play 'I Feel Love' by Donna Summer I have plenty of time to woo the missus, and still have time to put the kettle on afterwards.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I'm curious about what you guys do with this kit. Many, many years ago I was involved in using tape machines to record live concerts, and at the time they were perhaps the best way to make live recordings - certainly with the budget we had. Nowadays I'm not sure that I can see the point. For recording off CDs or LPs I just can't see the point at all. Please enlighten me.
    Some people love to see reels going round.
    Same as some people love to see cars going round and round a racetrack.

I'm Steve.

I like watching Mrs. Pony's knickers going round in the tumble dryer with my duds in hot pursuit
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12