+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I also prefer to use my own catalogue which is cloud based so I have access from anywhere I have internet access. I also use many of the excellent web based radio stations for background music.

However I find the free Spotify excellent for finding and trying new music and artists.

I am not a fan of subscription music services but I think that's more the era i come from but I see many people like them and it does give access to a fantastic variety of music we would otherwise may never be aware of let alone hear.

Mel
    That's exactly what I do, which is why I'm reluctant to go to Roon and Qobuz even though I have a voucher to get Roon cheaper.

I tend to listen to radio stations then use Spotify to find the album then add it to a Spotify playlist for a full listen.

If I really like it I then try and buy the CD or the LP.

I do however have a Family Sub for Spotify so my kids and grandkids can use it too.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    If I really like it I then try and buy the CD or the LP.
    I do that too. Helps the artist out too
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Grant.

Well my end to end trial between qobuz and tidal produced a winner, but a loser... qobuz is i feel slightly better than tidal audibly, but as their win 10 app wont do anything bar freeze, I cant use it. It can be used in other ways but not sure i should compromise when being asked for £20 a month.
    shame but nothing has changed. ive told them again but sure i will get the usual, just download the app here shite from them...they appear to have no interest.
    i might add i tried it with no security on and still same so not the pc which can run pretty much anything with plenty memory and fast processor.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Well my end to end trial between qobuz and tidal produced a winner, but a loser... qobuz is i feel slightly better than tidal audibly, but as their win 10 app wont do anything bar freeze, I cant use it. It can be used in other ways but not sure i should compromise when being asked for £20 a month.
    shame but nothing has changed. ive told them again but sure i will get the usual, just download the app here shite from them...they appear to have no interest.
    i might add i tried it with no security on and still same so not the pc which can run pretty much anything with plenty memory and fast processor.
    I gave up on Qobuz after I found their IOS app was pretty much unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Mike.

I have Spotify Family, mainly because my two daughters and both grandkids use it too.

I also have Tidal HiFi for my main system in the living room. Tried it vs Qobuz and Tidal won out due to Qobuz having far too few of the artists and albums that I like.

I'm Neil.

Default Streaming

TIDAL on lossless. Also Spotify Premium as it has a deeper catalogue. £30 a month, way better than what I used to spend on CDs and records. :P
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

I love spotty but it didn't work with AV. program. I will still get qobuz for a month.
    I did try the windows program on another pc but it was the same. That one is zbook
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

I have a basic Spotify account and Amazon Prime, plus I use internet radio pretty much all the time, as the reception here is not great. I only really use the streaming services to find new stuff that I like.
    ~Paul~

I'm Paul.

If it came down to usability Spotify wins hands down imo it just doesn't have that top end quality most of us want.

Therefore its Tidal hifi through Audirvana for me. AV kept getting recommended to me and it hasn't dissapointed.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    TIDAL on lossless. Also Spotify Premium as it has a deeper catalogue. £30 a month, way better than what I used to spend on CDs and records. :P
    Same for me (although both are still missing quite a bit from their catalogues). Also covers all the options as I can recommend music to others through Spotify, listen on the road in better quality via Tidal and listen to both my music collection and native Tidal content via the headless Volumio interface on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast