+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I decided to set up another LMS server to see if there's an issue with the Squeezelite-X player being seen on a Windows installation (my usual server is on a RasPi running piCorePlayer).
    Having set up the new server I have pointed the Squeezelite-X player at the Windows LMS server, and the Squeezelite-X player shows up in the players dropdown list.

So there's no issue with the player being a software player.
    It's recognised regardless of type.

I am playing music from Tidal on my laptop, which is hosting both LMS and Squeezelite-X
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Chris - I'll try installing LMS on one of the other W10 laptops and see what happens.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    LMS Sees all the players - Squeezelite x 4 now, and 1 x SB Player (android) in the players list. I'm sure LMS just isn't synching with mysqueezebox.com - based on the blank password when applied, whereas you have the dots.

There is something that has just crossed my mind, and that is that some changes come into effect after LMS is restarted.
    Sometimes LMS will prompt with a pop-up and activate button, and sometimes it doesn't, but needs a reboot anyway.
    If you right click on the LMS icon in the task bar you get the option to turn it LMS off. When the icon is greyed out there's the option to start LMS.
    Chris

I'm Edward.

I get plenty of *** in the password field. One time LMS reports that it is not connected to the internet, another time it says invalid username/password. So I reset the password (using the one that is sent to me) which logs me into the web interface just fine. When I use the same password in the LMS control panel it says invalid username/password. When I enter the (new) password in the relevant field in the Player interface it seems to take (when I Apply) but gives no confirmation. So I enter some rubbish in the Player password field and that also seems to take.

Something really funky going on with this.

For now I'm giving up on this - for me it was just to see what all the positive fuss on LMS etc was all about.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

It is definitely a problem validating with mysqueezebox.com. Deleted my first account, setup another, and validated with the email. Installed on a clean laptop, and it is at the point in Control Panel where it won't accept the credentials, and eventually fails:

It leaves the credential details in there, giving the impression that it is all setup, but as you can't see players in mysqueezebox.com, clearly hasn't validated.

I think I will have to try and raise this with Logitech support - as Edward is getting the same errors it is likely an issue their end with new account validation I suspect.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    For now I'm giving up on this - for me it was just to see what all the positive fuss on LMS etc was all about.
    It's become a mission for me now - not giving up!
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I think I will have to try and raise this with Logitech support
    Ok, maybe not!

Guess it's end of life, and no longer supported.
    Alex

I'm Barry.

Not been supported by Logitech for about 5 years.

I wonder if it's a control panel problem?
    I don't use it myself.
    You can access the web control by typing the IP address of the machine running LMS followed with :9000 into the address bar.
    Click the settings button down at the bottom right of the page, and it opens up another tab with settings.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I wonder if it's a control panel problem?
    I don't use it myself.
    You can access the web control by typing the IP address of the machine running LMS followed with :9000 into the address bar.
    Click the settings button down at the bottom right of the page, and it opens up another tab with settings.
    That's the one that shows blank in my screenshot - but you've got "blobs" - if I put in the wrong password there it says "invalid password" - but if I put in the right one, just get a blank box.

It could be that new accounts are no longer supported, which is why you're ok Chris as yours is historical.
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 25-06-2019 at 12:27. Reason: Spelling
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast