+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I've always assumed that to use the squeeze software you needed to have a physical squeezebox as a player endpoint. But from the most recent posts it seems that this is not the case, instead squeezebox software emulation is in some way possible? Is that correct?

If so I may give it a try.

What is the general overview please? Is it something like the following?

- Install server software. Which is?
    - Install player software. Which is?
    - Create an account at mysqeezebox. enable Tidal, spoty etc there?
    - Login at the server and player apps relevant details above?
    - What remote controller can I use on my phone or iPad?

Can this be operated over a LAN?

cheers.
    Hi Edward, just a quick reply for now as I'm working, but yes, so far I have installed Logitech Media Server on my main music server, and then used Squeezelite-X as a software player (as well as SqueezePlay - which is almost an exact replica of an actual player's screen) onto two other laptops. I'm then able to stream around the LAN to the two other laptops. I had to buy an Android player (SB Player - around £4 I think) as couldn't find a free one for my mobile which I use in the kitchen with bluetooth speakers.

Spotify is quite easy to integrate, but the bit I'm struggling with is Tidal - which we are theorising might be the lack of physical players, as you don't appear to be able to log into the mysqueezebox account via the software players, although you can set it in the server settings.

But if all you want is a good free music server and soft players to use on either the server or other PCs it seems to work very well - one big advantage is that you can synchronise the players into a group and play the same on all of them at the same time - including Spotify, which has long been a bugbear of mine as I like to have the same music playing in different rooms/outside. I haven't tested this much though, so I am slightly sceptical in won't sync 100% until further playing.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

PS - not been able to find an iOS player - there may be a remote on the Apple app store, though.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Edward.

cheers Alex, that is very helpful. I'm gonna find some time and try all that. Just interested as to how it works really. I use Roon which does all that.

E

§
    Last edited by Edward; 24-06-2019 at 16:03.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I use Roon which does all that.
    To be honest, Roon is probably what I should do, but I'm too tight!

I haven't tried it yet - I'm supposed to be moving house, so am holding off until then I think, once I've decided where everything will go in the new place. For the moment, LMS seems to do most of what I need at zero cost (and so far, very reliably.)
    Alex

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    To be honest, Roon is probably what I should do, but I'm too tight!

I haven't tried it yet - I'm supposed to be moving house, so am holding off until then I think, once I've decided where everything will go in the new place. For the moment, LMS seems to do most of what I need at zero cost (and so far, very reliably.)
    fancied trying roon but the app required a 64 bit ipad so it wouldnt work with my ip04. still to try it. audirvana needs a 64 bit pc but not on ipad.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    fancied trying roon but the app required a 64 bit ipad so it wouldnt work with my ip04. still to try it. audirvana needs a 64 bit pc but not on ipad.
    I don't have a 64 bit iPad for remote control. So I either use a laptop as the remote controller, my phone or RDP on the iPad.

Roon comes in 4 parts - a server, a player and a controller as well as Bridge. The first three can be combined in one piece or split up (depends on your use case). Bridge is a simple piece of software allowing an end point (e.g low powered computer) to be 'seen' by Roon Server. The controller can be mounted on pretty much anything (excepting 32 bit iPads as mentioned).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

I see. I think

Ps AV is being updated free to 3.5 which will be same on windoz and macs.
    Mid July AFAIK. Be interesting to see how it affects things.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

So I installed LMS and Squeezelite-x and got as far as Alex did. Essentially I can't see Tidal in the menu structure. Local files play just fine (although I had to skip LMS indexing all my tracks as it would have taken days probably).

My username sticks in all three places (web, lms and squeezelite).

Judging from fora it seems that one has to go to the 'player' settings to adjust the menu (and presumably add 'My Apps'). But there is no obvious way of doing this. I added the BBC app and that as well is not seen in the player (squeezelite) menu. The only item in the menu (under the spotty icon) is 'my apps' - but that simply links to my account on the web.

I see the same screens that Alex put up earlier.

So I installed LMS and Squeezelite-x and got as far as Alex did. Essentially I can't see Tidal in the menu structure. Local files play just fine (although I had to skip LMS indexing all my tracks as it would have taken days probably).

My username sticks in all three places (web, lms and squeezelite).

Judging from fora it seems that one has to go to the 'player' settings to adjust the menu (and presumably add 'My Apps'). But there is no obvious way of doing this. I added the BBC app and that as well is not seen in the player (squeezelite) menu. The only item in the menu (under the spotty icon) is 'my apps' - but that simply links to my account on the web.

I see the same screens that Alex put up earlier.

Thanks for confirming I’m not completely mad Edward! Suspect Chris is right and you can only link your Tidal account to a physical player. Will have to do some more googling...
    Alex

I'm Edward.

I assume that LMS broadcasts to the various players what menu structure the player should display. Similar to a DLNA server where it is easy to define the menu structure (what is included, what is not and what ordering it is). I spent some time within the LMS server settings but could not find any obvious way the menu items are defined.

Anyway lets see if something turns up.

Back to Roon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast