+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Haven’t tried Qobuz yet, must give them a go.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I liked Qobuz when I trialled it - it also works well with LMS.
    I'm only using Tidal at the moment because of the free 3 month trial.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Gary.

I’m a Roon fanboy nowadays, and it’s the Tidal/ Qobuz integration that got me hooked on it.
    Make playlists, fav albums etc no different to your own locally stored music files.

Controlled from a tablet from your favourite listening chair, it’s a wee bit fab.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I knew coming back here was going to cost me money!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I knew coming back here was going to cost me money!
    Only if you want to throw money in someone's direction.
    LMS is F.O.C.
    Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Only if you want to throw money in someone's direction.
    LMS is F.O.C.
    Yeah, thanks again Chris, that will be my first port of call - I've done a bit of reading on it, looks good. I'm supposed to be moving shortly, so will probably hold fire on anything until I've decided what kit is going to go where in the new house.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

There is a minor downside to using LMS - the Tidal and Qobuz apps do not have active integration with the content providers.
    The fix is you need to log in via the web interface on your computer and add or remove stuff - artists, albums playlists, whatever.
    Once added you can access the new content via LMS using the relevant app.

I'm old school and play albums, so I'm still trying to work out wtf a playlist is for
    Chris

I'm Edward.

Latest rumour is that Amazon may launch a high rez (probably 24/96) service this year sometime. If they manage to offer this at a reasonable cost this could be a knock out blow for players such as Tidal etc.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Definitely better than Tidal.

Agreed.
    Recently cancelled Tidal after doing comparisons and Qobuz won out every time, to my ears, at every bitrate even 16/44.

Qobuz 24/192 version of Allman Brothers at the Filmore is terrific, best live record experience I've heard.
    I found the reverse when I did that test a couple of years ago now. Maybe more... maybe something has changed.

The TIDAL mobile app is excellent. The Windows app much less so.

But the more recent tailored to your tastes TIDAL playlists are surprisingly really friggin' good I have found. Or when an album ends it carries on playing similar stuff and that's great too.

If you want the best from Queerbuz it looks expensive.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Cheaper version of roon is audirvana. Some say it sounds better too, although i dont know.
    I liked qoboz but their windows app never works so i ditched them.
    Tbh i dont think sound wise there is much between them when i ran them side by side in audirvana.
    Audirvana is a joke on Windows. It just doesn't work it's so full of bugs.

That's a warning - in no way pay for Windows Audirvana without trying the demo and you will see what I mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast