+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Streaming

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    That's the one that shows blank in my screenshot - but you've got "blobs" - if I put in the wrong password there is days "invalid password" - but if I put in the right one, just get a blank box.

It could be that new accounts are no longer supported, which is why you're ok Chris as yours is historical.
    That's a very good point.
    I'll see if I can create a new account.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Cheers Chris!

Must also apologies to the OP Gary as this has rather taken over his thread about streaming services...

Still, he'll know not to try LMS if he wants Tidal integration!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I have 2 Squeezebox Touch players on my network, and they appear to be the key to Tidal access.
    If I move the wired player across to another server the Tidal icon appears in the LMS app menu of the new server, and it falls off the previous server.

So it looks like it's hardware related.
    It ain't gonna work without at least 1 kosher bit of kit hanging off the network.

There's a thread about software players hammering the mysb servers with conflicts, so it looks like fully software installations are barred access to the mysb servers.

Had I been aware of the issue I'd have kept quiet about the Tidal interfacing thing.
    Tidal works fine with a Squeezebox player such as the Touch, but not on an all Squeezelite-X installation.
    Just 1 physical player would permit all the software players to work
    Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Thanks again Chris for taking the time on this. Every day is a school day, and now we know why it isn't playing nicely! I can see why they would do this, being a commercial organisation and not just there to offer free services!

I have an old Roku M1000 in the garage but I'd expect that would be too old - I might give it a go though, just in case.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

To be honest I'm surprised that Logitech still pay for the mysb website.
    They'll pull the plug sooner or later.
    It's been five years since they ceased Squeezebox Touch production.
    All the warranty repair stock is long since gone, and they no longer have official tech support for Squeezebox.

The server program currently known as LMS I expect to be around for a fair bit longer - the developers do it for love, not money.
    Chris

I'm Edward.

I wonder if it is possible to spoof a hardware device on the LAN?

Or perhaps the author of Squeezelite-x can throw some light on this? He seems to be quite active on the slim devices forum.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I have an old Roku M1000 in the garage but I'd expect that would be too old - I might give it a go though, just in case.
    Close, but no cigar!

Alex

Anyone got any experience of a Squeezebox Duet as a transport? Thinking of picking one up which would solve the Tidal integration, but would also free-up a pretty decent laptop being used solely for transport duties, which now I'm using LMS is pretty wasteful as I can control it "headless".

The only problem I have with the Squeezelite-X players is that they need a "back" button - very frustrating - using the web interface solves that, though.
    Alex

I'm malcolm.

I have a duet which works very nicely with Vortexboxes, I also use RPis running Picoreplayer.
    Audiophile Tosher

Thanks Malcolm. That helps. I'll be using it into my DAC with SPDIF so I can't see how it would be any worse than the laptop, might even be better.
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast