+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Well Gents, I have been playing music from Tidal on my laptop using Squeezelite-X.
    You need to define which server to use, which is the IP of the machine running LMS, and the :9000 is automatically added.
    You also need to name your player (in my case it's Floppsy, but other names may appeal to you).

Last edited by Stratmangler; 24-06-2019 at 21:11.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Edward.

Hmmm .. Mine looks pretty much like yours. I used, like you, thw IP address of the host LMS is on and the player name matches up.

What does the menu in your player look like - where Tidal is mentioned?

Was the Tidal 'my apps' within mysqueeze org the same as Alex had?

ps: do you have other players defined as Peter, Cottontail and Mopsy?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Here's what's at the mysqueezebox.com end

and here's the LMS interface

Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I didn't use the IP address originally, but changing it, doesn't make any difference either.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Edward.

Chris, that is very helpful. You are somehow able to get to 'player settings' for Tidal. Both Alex and I can't get to that - it is simply blank.

Thanks for putting that screen up, I'm sure that is the area we need to focus on.

E
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

The trick is getting the LMS installation and mysb.com to talk to each other, and once they do it falls into place.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

Am I doing something obviously wrong?
    That box in my installation shows a line of asterisks.
    Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Thanks Chris - that's what I would have expected, and I think that is the problem - for whatever reason, our installs of LMS won't authenticate with mysqueezebox.com. That's what I'll look into further. Thanks again for all your effort and time - much appreciated.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thanks Chris - that's what I would have expected, and I think that is the problem - for whatever reason, our installs of LMS won't authenticate with mysqueezebox.com. That's what I'll look into further. Thanks again for all your effort and time - much appreciated.
    If you can get Squeezelite-X to show itself as a player in LMS on the players dropdown list, then that player should automatically appear on the list at mysqueezebox.com, dependent upon getting LMS to sync with mysqueezebox.com

There's a lot to string together.
    Getting the Squeezelite player to be seen properly by LMS is probably the first thing to establish.
    Chris

LMS Sees all the players - Squeezelite x 4 now, and 1 x SB Player (android) in the players list. I'm sure LMS just isn't synching with mysqueezebox.com - based on the blank password when applied, whereas you have the dots.

Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast