+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup win 10. 64bit on 2 machines.
    Ive ran qobuz before and it was fine in av. Tidal is also perfect, and never had an issue bar a few glitches which were fixed quickly.
    It should offer updates as long as you start it from the start menu.
    Only thing you might get if pc is struggling with memory is if u try dsd upscaling etc.
    My fasted machine manages ok but my other one struggles and crashes if i try dsd as its memory isnt high enough.
    I have just tried it again. Its up to date and it is still a complete mess. Running it on a high spec Dell laptop.

I find it seriously hard to believe you find it OK. It's a complete crock on my machine. Something is seriously up with it. I tried it a while back and it was even worse. Just got another runtime error... within a minute of using it.

I'm Edward.

I consider streaming services like a library. Tidal (as well as spotify etc) allows me to explore in depth particular artists, composers, conductors, genres and so forth. It is simply not cost effective to do the same by buying CDs, vinyl or books (in the case of a library).

In addition, I've enabled Tidal via Roon, and I let Roon make recommendations via Roon Radio - discovered tons of stuff I would never have simply by buying CDs.

But of course a downside with streaming services is that it requires an internet connection.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

current version seems to be audirvana plus 1.3.7 (1063). if its not working i would uninstall it all removing it all and reistall. see if that fixes it.
    also check your settings on the dac your using.

All the folk I know using it dont have issues. you could also take the debug info and send it to them. they have a support email.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    current version seems to be audirvana plus 1.3.7 (1063). if its not working i would uninstall it all removing it all and reistall. see if that fixes it.
    also check your settings on the dac your using.

All the folk I know using it dont have issues. you could also take the debug info and send it to them. they have a support email.
    No there have been a few posts on here complaining about it (the recent and apparently also buggy Mac version).

I am a software engineer Grant. Have been for 36 years. I am not debugging their software for them.

Will cross check your version number with mine out of curiosity.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I liked Qobuz when I trialled it - it also works well with LMS.
    I eventually caved in and bought myself a Node2 to run Qobuz. I had used LMS since 2006 so was well versed in messing with Linux etc but just couldn't be bothered to set up a Pi etc. The main reason for the move from LMS and my Squeezebox Classic was that I couldn't get the Qobuz plugin working properly. Well it all worked, except for the highres tracks. I searched and searched and messed about but couldn't get it to do anything other than stutter. Couldn't find any instance of any other user having the issue either so I gave up in the end, enter the Node 2

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    I eventually caved in and bought myself a Node2 to run Qobuz. I had used LMS since 2006 so was well versed in messing with Linux etc but just couldn't be bothered to set up a Pi etc. The main reason for the move from LMS and my Squeezebox Classic was that I couldn't get the Qobuz plugin working properly. Well it all worked, except for the highres tracks. I searched and searched and messed about but couldn't get it to do anything other than stutter. Couldn't find any instance of any other user having the issue either so I gave up in the end, enter the Node 2
    The Classic will play files up to 24/48 resolution natively.
    It won't play 24/96 natively.
    If the transcode was adjusted I'd expect things to stutter on the player.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

Thanks, that explains a lot and with hindsight should have been obvious. It wouldn't have changed the path I took but I may well have got there sooner!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

You might have been experiencing issues with the app not liking the necessary transcode.
    You probably would have been OK using a Squeezebox Touch with EDO installed (ie using the Touch as a transport into a 24/192 DAC over the coax SPDIF).
    My setup incorporates a Squeezebox Touch doing precisely that.

When my Tidal trial comes to an end I might well give the Qobuz Hi-Res thing a trial run.
    I haven't played with that service yet - the last time was the standard FLAC service.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

Yep maybe that would have worked but to be fair I always viewed the touch as a Classic with a bigger screen, I didn't realise it had more capability. I ended up using the classic into a Project S2 Pre that made no difference and I played about with all the settings I could find in LMS but again no difference, too late though as it's in my "Old HiFi" box now :-)

I'm Edward.

prompted by this thread I've given Audirvarna (AV) another go. Can't recall what my issues were on the two occasions before.

Summary: I'm sticking with Roon.

- downloaded and installed AV. System is Win10 Pro. Install worked on second attempt. Got 'stuck' on first attempt.

- Within AV enabled local files to be seen as well as enabled Tidal - just fine.

- Pressed play - nothing - scratch head - ok I need to direct to correct audio output. Set up did not ask which output I wanted, it just chose the first one it saw. Not good.

- Found setting to change audio output. AV prompts me to stop playing - fine - pressed 'stop' - tried to change audio output - AV freezes. Have to crash out.

- Restart AV - change audio output - works - pressed play - music! Hoorah!

- Play various tracks I know well. Good rounded sound. Nothing offensive. Nice presentation. Engaging.

- But something just 'not quite right'. So play some tracks in AV and Roon to compare. Everything the same other than player. Same ASIO driver, same machine, same DAC, same source tracks, same everything.

- Opinion: Transients are 'softer' in AV as compared to Roon. Attack and decay just that much softer and 'rounded'. So presentation slightly smoother but missing some attack and dynamism. Main album used for comparison was 'passion, grace and fire' which has lots of fast transients.

- Whilst playing had an ugly error (something to do with an unhandled error: index being out of range). Not impressed.

There were a few other things that Roon does it for me, but the main thing is its remote control facility. Can't find similar for AV (but happy to be corrected). RDP as a controller works but a bit clunky.

E
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast