+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Tranducers KT2

I'm Ian.

Default Kelly Tranducers KT2

For sale my Kelly Transducers KT2 loudspeakers. These have been completely renovated including stripping off the old vinyl wrap and recovering with real wood maple veneer finished with Osmocoat Wax Oil.

Driver complement per speaker (all in full working order) is:
    Vifa tweeters

and a pair of Audax Aerogel mid-bass drivers

Before:

After:

The new veneer is generally very neat. This was my first attempt at veneering so don't expect perfection but you have to be up close and personal to see one or two minor faults.

With the help of Paul RFC the crossovers were upgraded with fancy caps and resistors although the original inductors were used as I didn't know the values of these. The crossovers are now mounted externally.

The other minor mod was to add new spikes.

I still have the badges and also the speaker grilles but they have some pegs missing and you'd have to go searching under the veneer to find the holes - they are still there. I also have the original crossovers if you wanted to put the inductors back on them and reinstate them back in the cabinets.

I bought them a couple of years ago and spent quite a bit improving them so I would like £250 which I think is very reasonable for a 95dB sensitive speaker in good order and way less than they have cost me. Trouble is I'm a die hard full range driver person so these are just not getting used.

My preference would be for the buyer to pick them up so you can inspect and listen to them but I am willing to meet within reasonable distance of GL6 for petrol money.

Thanks for looking.

I'm Grant.

looks a nice job. good price as well
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Forgot to say, I do have an original manual for these speakers.

I'm Rohan.

Those are a bargain. GLWTS

I'm Rob.

I heard a pair of these years ago at one of the Heathrow shows. Sounded very nice.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Ian.

If it helps anyone interested I'll be at the Wam show in Kegworth which might enable a transfer of these speakers.

I'm Ian.

Here's some of the specs from the manual.

System type: Two way, dual reflex
    Drive units: 25mm soft dome tweeter, Two 170mm bass units
    Sensitivity: 95dB @ 1m @ 2.83V< 0.5%
    Nearfield frequency response: 60Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)
    In room frequency response: 30Hz - 20kHz (-6dB
    Nominal impedance: 6 Ohms
    Cabinet construction: Self-damping 18mm M.D.F. with three anti-resonance cabinet braces; lined on all internal surfaces with open cell acoustic foam and filled with acoustic wadding
    Dimensions (w x h x d): 230 x 890 x 330 mm

Open to offers.

I'm Ian.

These are good speakers but they are just not getting used here so I am open to silly offers otherwise I'll strip out the drivers and dump the cabinets

I notice that Falcon Acoustics are selling the very same Audax drivers for £107 each! There are 4 Aerogels here.

https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/au...-midrange.html

Falcon also has the tweeters at £30 each.

https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/vi...6-tweeter.html

I'm Ian.

Anybody interested at £200?

I'm Ian.

If someone is interested but would prefer the original crossovers installed inside the cabinets I can do this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast