+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Record store day 2019

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not noticed many Rich. Ive quite a few, especially Morricone ones of which ive a large collection mostly of recent high quality releases.
    If I ever sell it i will try and remember you. Quite valuable in good nick these now and getting harder to find.
    Cheers Grant.

They can tend to be a bit pricey for anything that hasn't been reissued, or have only had a high quality reissue.

Morricone has done some fantastic work, it's well worth collecting. I'm a big fan of Schifrin, I'm trying to put as much of his work as I can on my shelves.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    Cheers Grant.

They can tend to be a bit pricey for anything that hasn't been reissued, or have only had a high quality reissue.

Morricone has done some fantastic work, it's well worth collecting. I'm a big fan of Schifrin, I'm trying to put as much of his work as I can on my shelves.
    think ive only one of Lalo's on vinyl; the super Kelly's Heros
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    think ive only one of Lalo's on vinyl; the super Kelly's Heros
    If you only have one on vinyl that's a corker to have.

I have a few blaxploitation soundtracks, they can get addictive to collect. Some solid funk and groove in there.

This talk of soundtracks has inspired me to go and have a look through the shelf to see what I've got and what I'm missing. I don't have a lot of records, but I do have a terrible memory!

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Martin.

Actually I dont like the whole concept of record store day. I dont like it...is that ok? A marketing mans wet dream of limited editions in pink dayglo vinyl with huge markups. The ebay flippers get in on it and I find it all very distasteful

Look for the music you look for but I just dont get off on all this rare record marketing bullshit. If I have the music I dont really care if you have limited edition artwork and a super duper design on your vinyl.

I have bought some Joy Division 12" singles and first pressing albums but I didnt pay much and I didnt need to be reminded to pick up a copy on RS Day. Ive bought a record in all its available colours to make an art piece wall display. It was just a bit of fun and I dont think the records are rare or will increase in value

Each to their own but I cant think of anything where I need to pay inflated prices for a special edition picture disc. I dont need a marketing day to remind me to buy music.

I let the music do the talking and not the collectors B/S
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 05-03-2019 at 08:13.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Actually I dont like the whole concept of record store day. I dont like it...is that ok? A marketing mans wet dream of limited editions in pink dayglo vinyl with huge markups. The ebay flippers get in on it and I find it all very distasteful

Look for the music you look for but I just dont get off on all this rare record marketing bullshit. If I have the music I dont really care if you have limited edition artwork and a super duper design on your vinyl.

I have bought some Joy Division 12" singles and first pressing albums but I didnt pay much and I didnt need to be reminded to pick up a copy on RS Day. Ive bought a record in all its available colours to make an art piece wall display. It was just a bit of fun and I dont think the records are rare or will increase in value

Each to their own but I cant think of anything where I need to pay inflated prices for a special edition picture disc. I dont need a marketing day to remind me to buy music.

+1
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mike.

+2

I'm Adrian.

+3

I regularly nowadays get offers from various vinyl re-seller and manufacturers offering special offers for this day or week only. The problem I find is that after a bit of searching on the WWW I tend to find the same albums cheaper elsewhere, so what is the point. A Record Store day sounds even worse.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post

From my perspective...+100 with big Bells on, I couldn't agree more with all above..

from my local Independent record shops, they love it (obv) although they do get stung!! all the stock is purchased up front from the distributors, not sale or return
    so shops gamble on what will be desirable and believe me they get lumbered with 50 copies of some bizarre out takes 'lost gems' lp. they can't shift.
    The only real earners are the record companies and the Distributors.. oh and the greedy pond life who bottom feed.

Anyway all that 'lost' or unearthed material was generally not released at the time because it was pretty shite. Now they 'remaster it, press it on blue vinyl, number it as a limited edition
    and let the feeding frenzy begin. Not for me.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    From my perspective...+100 with big Bells on, I couldn't agree more with all above..

from my local Independent record shops, they love it (obv) although they do get stung!! all the stock is purchased up front from the distributors, not sale or return
    so shops gamble on what will be desirable and believe me they get lumbered with 50 copies of some bizarre out takes 'lost gems' lp. they can't shift.
    The only real earners are the record companies and the Distributors.. oh and the greedy pond life who bottom feed.

Anyway all that 'lost' or unearthed material was generally not released at the time because it was pretty shite. Now they 'remaster it, press it on blue vinyl, number it as a limited edition
    and let the feeding frenzy begin. Not for me.
    Amen to that.

I'm John.

I have been doing RSD for about five years now and in that time I have never seen a single RSD release that I have really wanted. I do it because it's a bit of a buzz and my son likes going along too. I've got chatting to some great like-minded people in the queue.

Last year I only bought one record and will probably do the same this year. There are a couple of things I wouldn't mind this time but I'm not at all bothered if I don't get them.

I agree about the whole idea of collecting artwork, special editions etc. I only buy records to listen to them, not to admire the packaging.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast