+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XiangSheng DAC-01A Tube DAC Headphone Amplifier

I'm Gary.

Default XiangSheng DAC-01A Tube DAC Headphone Amplifier

I've just bought a Quad QSP power amp and now i need a pre amp or DAC pre amp I was having a look at the

XiangSheng DAC-01A Tube DAC Headphone Amplifier

what do you guys think? I will need 3 inputs from a cd player, TV and laptop.

zagg

I'm Grant.

its not strictly speaking a pre although v/c can be wired into circuit via 2 jumpers (i wouldn't turn vc up more than 2/3 this way or it will distort a bit.). it has analogue and digital inputs and with a good valve in is superb. I still use mine with the vena i have.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

I am struggling a bit here, I have bought a Quad QSP (great).😀. Anyway I need a DAC pre amp would I be better buying the Said DAC and a passive pre or doing something else?

I'm Lawrence.

Probably not if you want 3 inputs unless they are Usb, coax and optical, some dacs have once of each and they are selectable from the front. Others take the first signal they can find in a certain order, but if you only have one source switched on at any time it doesn't matter. Not sure what inputs the Xiang Sheng has though.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

The xs has 2 analogue in and 3 digital.. It also has 2 analogue outs.
    Again its not ideal as a pre but can be used that way. I used to and its fine as long as u don't listen to music very loud.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The xs has 2 analogue in and 3 digital.. It also has 2 analogue outs.
    Again its not ideal as a pre but can be used that way. I used to and its fine as long as u don't listen to music very loud.
    Struth, With you having experience with the XiangSheng DAC-01A Tube DAC Headphone Amplifier what pre amp would you match with it keeping in mind i have just bought a Quad QSP power amp. Or if you were me would you go a different way. I see you have a Vena 2 which is an integrated why is that your choice, how do you hook that up with the mono blocks, is the vena better than an older Quad pre amp in your view?

I'm Grant.

Vena is in pre amp mode. Works well.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Vena is in pre amp mode. Works well.
    Thanks

I'm Tony.

My 2p's worth is that the Xiang Sheng is a great budget DAC but not a decent pre where in my system it sounds harsh.

I would say look elsewhere for a pre...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Gary.

Thanks intenso

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast