+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XiangSheng DAC-01A Tube DAC Headphone Amplifier

I'm Justin.

I would agree with the jumper in preamp mode there a loss in quality of output I didn't find subtle.

I'm Grant.

It's marginal if you don't have to go past a third. After halfway it starts kicking in. Very system dependant as to how well it will work in pre mode, but a handy extra. After all it's really a dac headphone amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Hello zzag,

Jandl100 was kind enough to loan to me for a demo, it went up against my Beresford Caiman SEG. I only got to listen to the SS side with no preamp or vale function, it had problems.

It's a very nice sounding dac, that I found on my system a slight nudge on the warm side of neutral, it was a pleasant and musical/analogue kind of sound, not flat or clinical. Having been inside the the dac I found it to very congested with components and not much space for them to breath and also the caps looked of lesser quality. You also have to be careful buying one; there's a few different manufacturers of them with varying quality.

Another dac but more expensive is the new Caimen SEG with a usable and upgraded pre, load. of positive reviews with very few negative.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    My 2p's worth is that the Xiang Sheng is a great budget DAC but not a decent pre where in my system it sounds harsh.

I would say look elsewhere for a pre...
    I would say the same, once I drove my Xhiang Sheng a bit harder it grated, I know others haven't had this issue but with my Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP power amp I didn't like it at decent volume, I know you can tube roll but in the end I sold both the Xhiangs I tried.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12