+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: EWA m100

  1. #1
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: aylesbury uk

    Posts: 122
    I'm john.

    Default EWA m100

    I had been looking for a new power amp for a long time now and had listened to a few,these being Bryston,ATC,Plinius and VTL ST 150 but always felt what was i getting for the outlay over the Krell KSA 100 so i decided to keep it.

    I then looked at the M100 turbo that Colin Wonfor was selling and so he came round and we had a day trying both amps he kindly let me have it for a demo.After a week of swapping cables between the two i came to the conclusion that i could not give the amp back to Colin and had to buy it.The M100 was easily the best amp i had heard compared to the others.

    The M100 just sounds so right,clear and dynamic with no hint of being clinical.At times when i play it i hear something on the track that i'd never heard before.Colin was a delight to deal with and i would not hesitate dealing with him again.

  2. #2
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 10,157
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsteer View Post
    I had been looking for a new power amp for a long time now and had listened to a few,these being Bryston,ATC,Plinius and VTL ST 150 but always felt what was i getting for the outlay over the Krell KSA 100 so i decided to keep it.

    I then looked at the M100 turbo that Colin Wonfor was selling and so he came round and we had a day trying both amps he kindly let me have it for a demo.After a week of swapping cables between the two i came to the conclusion that i could not give the amp back to Colin and had to buy it.The M100 was easily the best amp i had heard compared to the others.

    The M100 just sounds so right,clear and dynamic with no hint of being clinical.At times when i play it i hear something on the track that i'd never heard before.Colin was a delight to deal with and i would not hesitate dealing with him again.
    Hi John,

    Superb result. I'm glad you got to hear the EWA in the end. I suspected it would take an amplifier of that calibre to challenge your Krell, especially knowing first hand how good it is

    Enjoy the new amp and let me know what you're doing with the Krell

  3. #3
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: aylesbury uk

    Posts: 122
    I'm john.

    Default

    Oliver i will let you know if i get rid of Krell

  4. #4
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 10,157
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsteer View Post
    Oliver i will let you know if i get rid of Krell
    No worries mate.

    I'm really pleased it's worked out.

  5. #5
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 42,230
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    I definitely have a hankering for one of Colin's beefier Class A jobs. Too short of dosh at the moment!
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

  6. #6
    Join Date: Dec 2018

    Location: Torquay, Devon.

    Posts: 1,162
    I'm Shane.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I definitely have a hankering for one of Colin's beefier Class A jobs. Too short of dosh at the moment!
    Get back to performing on the streets then

    S.
    Shane Lonergan.

    Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

  7. #7
    Join Date: Jul 2011

    Location: London

    Posts: 676
    I'm Colin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Get back to performing on the streets then

    S.
    No NO, hang on his got to be better than Stiff Stewart he he

  8. #8
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: West Sussex, UK

    Posts: 784
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsteer View Post
    I had been looking for a new power amp for a long time now and had listened to a few,these being Bryston,ATC,Plinius and VTL ST 150 but always felt what was i getting for the outlay over the Krell KSA 100 so i decided to keep it.

    I then looked at the M100 turbo that Colin Wonfor was selling and so he came round and we had a day trying both amps he kindly let me have it for a demo.After a week of swapping cables between the two i came to the conclusion that i could not give the amp back to Colin and had to buy it.The M100 was easily the best amp i had heard compared to the others.

    The M100 just sounds so right,clear and dynamic with no hint of being clinical.At times when i play it i hear something on the track that i'd never heard before.Colin was a delight to deal with and i would not hesitate dealing with him again.
    Hi John
    Ive sent you a Pm

    Steve...

  9. #9
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: brighton uk.

    Posts: 4,501
    I'm jamie.

    Default

    ha ha get in there steve!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon KB with vienna upgrade
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers
    KARMA Interconnects & Tonearm Cable

  10. #10
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: West Sussex, UK

    Posts: 784
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Hi Oliver,

    Are you after a second Krell or keeping an eye out for me ???

    Don't want to step on your toes if your looking for a second unit !!!

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •