Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Mike.

Yep the only 2 things (had to put the original motor back on as the new one's knackered ) is the bearing and the motor, triggers broom ohhh yes

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Yep the only 2 things (had to put the original motor back on as the new one's knackered ) is the bearing and the motor, triggers broom ohhh yes
    At some point during all these mods the deck probably ceased to be a Rega, and I think you have earned the right to re-name it! You could go for something obvious, like JacDek, or perhaps a more traditional moniker. Personally I like Frank, that was my grandad's name. Or maybe Doris.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Barrington.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    At some point during all these mods the deck probably ceased to be a Rega, and I think you have earned the right to re-name it! You could go for something obvious, like JacDek, or perhaps a more traditional moniker. Personally I like Frank, that was my grandad's name. Or maybe Doris.
    Yep... Meet the Bazbo MkII

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mayebaza View Post

Looks seriously clean, Baz. How's the arm? Always been intrigued by the OL arms.

I'm Barrington.

I have always liked the OL arms. They have a very musical presentation. I have improved it significantly by replacing the nut with a stabiliser.

Bigman80 Guest

I have always liked the OL arms. They have a very musical presentation. I have improved it significantly by replacing the nut with a stabiliser.

Yes i must admin to conversions with OL about their arms but went a different direction in the end.

I'm Mike.

Very nice indeed, keeping it clean would drive me mental, I'm assuming that you are doing the same as me and mounting the motor on the base, but what are you using to isolate the plinth, on mine it uses sorbothane domes.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Barrington.

A custom cover keeps the dust at bay quite effectively. In terms of isolating the plinth, it sits on eight layers made up of a combination of ceramic pucks, an acrylic sorbathane sandwich, and Audio Serenity speaker pads under good old Ikea Bamboo Butchers Blocks. This combination is derived from decades of trail and error on a tight budget.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

So now with all the bits left over, you can re-construct the old Rega deck as it was originally?

All these bling changes and the motor for ages was still fed from the very basic Planar 2 120V cap and resistor supply, allowing so much more motor vibration through? Not sure it's still available as Rega went to a 24V motor some time back, but the later fixed 120V motors had a much developed supply board and the motor vibrations were significantly reduced at source. Just sayin'
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast