Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by keithshifi View Post
    when is it? started? finished? god! this bloody site is impossible
    I’m sure google will give you the answer but to save you time, the show was last Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Marriott City Centre Hotel, Bristol.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Checking out the new closed back Stellia.
    I forgot to state the answer to this.

For me, the Utopia is better by a good margin. It's hard to beat a good open back.

The Utopia simply sounds more upfront and naturally alive to me. And less shut in and distant than the Stellia. More like my own home system. Closer to the truth, in other words.

That said, it does suffer from a lack of isolation like all open backs.

Chose your poison.

It's still not excellent, which is why I won't buy a pair. No headphone is ever gonna give you the feeling the room, you and your emotions are under attack.

But it is alive and vibrant and my current headphone fave. Done a few pairs over the years, so not exactly unqualified to comment.

A three way headphone review from me will land soon, in the mid-price wireless NC sector versus a wireless non-NC wired solution.

Now how does that work?

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    More Malvern Audio Research stuff.

Looks to be Ming Da kit modded by Mark.

These are all mobile pics this year I am afraid to say. Hosted by Tapatalk. And I'm a passenger in a car trying to type this on a bumpy road.

I believe the 211 monos are £9K. And they are all Mark not Ming.
    Just for exact info! Yes Justin is spot on, the 211 amps are my own design and build! And yes the Ming da amps are sonically upgraded my yours truely! Lastly we realised the "Aria 1" price was somewhat inflated..oops..apologies guys... They are in fact £2750, plus optional "carpet" stands for £250.00..

Thansk for your positive comments

I'm Mark.

These are all mobile pics this year I am afraid to say. Hosted by Tapatalk. And I'm a passenger in a car trying to type this on a bumpy road..

Still brilliant Photos..Well done that man!! Wish I could take pics that clean!

I'm Geoff.

Question for themanfrommingda. Are any of the TVC pre-amps coming to the UK? Just curious, I already had one sent over from China.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Never been to a hifi show, im amazed that systems costing many thousands sound just ok! Is it that the gear isn't up to much or they're set up badly in some way?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Never been to a hifi show, im amazed that systems costing many thousands sound just ok! Is it that the gear isn't up to much or they're set up badly in some way?
    A lot is down to the fact they are crammed into a small hotel room. Personally it’s a great venue to see the kit and meet the manufacturers/owners and have a good chat.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Question for themanfrommingda. Are any of the TVC pre-amps coming to the UK? Just curious, I already had one sent over from China.
    Not sure Mark is a member here but I know him well so I've emailed him on your behalf. To be honest I've never seen a TVC pre up at his place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast