Hi Mark,

You have a PM. Please reply ASAP. Cheers

Marco.
    Hi Marco

You will be pleased to know I replied this morning

M

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanfrommingda View Post
    These are all mobile pics this year I am afraid to say. Hosted by Tapatalk. And I'm a passenger in a car trying to type this on a bumpy road..

Still brilliant Photos..Well done that man!! Wish I could take pics that clean!
    They are still definitely third rate by anyone trying and investing in decent enough gear to take good ones.

That said, nay bad for a mid price phone. 2019 and they are catching up with OK cameras circa 2012-3. Maybe.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Are they re-making that old Rogers amp? An Andy Grove design apparently. I've always wanted a play with one of those (there was a 40-watt one as well doubled up on tubes which must get pretty hot) but I've never had the dosh to hand when one came up. You see them on ebay now and again. Anyway done well I suspect it could be a winner.

Hi Tom, i had a good chat to Andy Whittle (now with Rogers) and Kevin Edwards of Talk Electronics who said they will be producing the Cadet amp. The one on show was an original so it will be a while before this breaks cover. However the cadet speakers shown were new. They are designed to well against a wall so well suited to a typical brit front room, in fact perfect either side of a fireplace!

I was impressed with their plans to bring a good deal of manufacturing and assembly back to the UK, working with Talk Electronics. The LS3/5a sounded terrific on the end of the E20.

There were quite a few BBC (and BBC inspired) speakers at show and this more than held its own. Unfortunately, the Falcon Acoustics didn't seem to gel with the Primare switching amp used.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Hi Tom, i had a good chat to Andy Whittle (now with Rogers) and Kevin Edwards of Talk Electronics who said they will be producing the Cadet amp. The one on show was an original so it will be a while before this breaks cover. However the cadet speakers shown were new. They are designed to well against a wall so well suited to a typical brit front room, in fact perfect either side of a fireplace!

I was impressed with their plans to bring a good deal of manufacturing and assembly back to the UK, working with Talk Electronics. The LS3/5a sounded terrific on the end of the E20.

There were quite a few BBC (and BBC inspired) speakers at show and this more than held its own. Unfortunately, the Falcon Acoustics didn't seem to gel with the Primare switching amp used.
    Cool! I had a Cadet for a bit, lot of fun and hope they keep the retro look

I'm Mark.

Hi guys

Just ot let you know, the passive is NOT an autotransformer unit..It is resistor switched, I believe, or I would have one on demo...
    This is why We and Mingda China strongly recommend buying from the in country distributor, as there is no practical warranty aside from the distributor(I give 3 years!) We only stock the top gear, that is checked, upgraded and tested in the UK..Lastly there is a danger you can get fake gear buying from these sites! There is no such thing as a free lunch, or a cheap one! Sorry..

I'm Justin.

Of which you speak...

I'm Justin.

And Harbeth P3ESR.

Actually talking of littleuns the Kanto speaker below is notable in that it has an AMT driver, albeit a small one, at £799 I believe.

There are AMTs and AMTs, though, and I believe the ones in my Mark & Daniels are significantly better than these. Much more expensive, though.

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Are they re-making that old Rogers amp? An Andy Grove design apparently. I've always wanted a play with one of those (there was a 40-watt one as well doubled up on tubes which must get pretty hot) but I've never had the dosh to hand when one came up. You see them on ebay now and again. Anyway done well I suspect it could be a winner.
    Yes, the E20 was an Audio Note UK commissioned design, as was the bigger version, E40 I think. I had one when they were first released. They were not bad but I found it too full and warm, and nowhere as good as AN's own amps. I think Peter Qvortrup mentioned to me it was designed to Rogers' specifications/requirements. So push-pull when AN favoured SE amps.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Martyn.

I assume that Rogers were running a pair of the 70th Anniversary LS3/5as that were a Limited Edition.
    Andy Whittle told me that an LS3/5a Classic was planned and was to be built in the UK.
    I wonder whose drive units they’ll be using...

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvern Audio Research View Post
    Hi guys

Just ot let you know, the passive is NOT an autotransformer unit..It is resistor switched, I believe, or I would have one on demo...
    This is why We and Mingda China strongly recommend buying from the in country distributor, as there is no practical warranty aside from the distributor(I give 3 years!) We only stock the top gear, that is checked, upgraded and tested in the UK..Lastly there is a danger you can get fake gear buying from these sites! There is no such thing as a free lunch, or a cheap one! Sorry..
    Hi all again further to my earlier comments

Sadly the MC9-SE is not tapped Auto transformer and Ming Ming da factory tell me that China-HiFi-Audio have never ordered one for stock!
    So not suire what you have or are getting..Hence my warning and Ming da's own warning about buying off unkown websites! It maybe a ral MC9-Se(I hope) but is nit wjhat you expect! If it was a tapped Auto I would have one here for evaluation.. I am going on one of my twice yearly visits to the factory in May, and will raise the idea of a stepped auto tranny passive!

So I think the gain is purely simple step up tranny's within the unit..
    I hope this helps, but if you need anything Ming related, please do not hesitate to go to www.mingda.co.uk or call me.

Thanks

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast