+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Project Debut 3 gloss black, Acrylic platter, Ortofon 2M blue, Speedbox s

I'm James.

Default FS: Project Debut 3 gloss black, Acrylic platter, Ortofon 2M blue, Speedbox s

The upgrade bug is back, and this time it's the turn of the TT!

Bought this a few years back as a stock debut 3 with om-5e cartridge. I'm the 2nd owner. Since then it's had the Henley S/E kit fitted:

https://www.henleyaudio.co.uk/produc...s=1&BrandIds=2

2M blue cartridge, which meant buying the heavier counterweight (thanks project).
    Project Acryl-IT platter
    Speedbox S
    Rewired phono cable with van damme XKE instrument cable, 90pf/m (https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/multi...cable/3658810/)
    Separate earth wire

I have the original platter, mat, belt, counterweight, motor pulley, wallwart psu, and a bottle of bearing oil I can include. The TT box is up in the loft, as is the speedbox box I think. Also have the box for the acrylic platter.

The 2M blue has a few hundred hours on it, the TT only gets used a couple of times a month so it should have plenty of life left in it, certainly sounds fine here.

I don't really want to split things up as the platter and speedbox are very worthwhile upgrades.

Condition is VG I think, the gloss black plinth, other than fingerprints, looks great. The lid has the usual polishing marks and scratches. Really hard to photograph. It is a long way from being mint, but unless you're looking up close you wouldn't know. No cracks. The speedbox has picked up a couple of small scratches on the fascia annoyingly.

I did find the speedbox can inject hum in some systems. You can see in the photo a yellow cable coming from under it - that's a crocodile clip wire attached to one of the case screws and running to the earth post on the phono stage, which in turn has a wire going to the earth pin of a separate mains plug. Small faff, but it completely eradicates the hum. (active speakers, whole system is two pin unearthed...)

Postage would be tricky as there's 3 boxes and I wouldn't want to try and squeeze everything in the TT box. Demo and collection from Wirral fine, or we can meet up somewhere.

£300 feels about right given the price of all the component parts above, and hopefully puts it in the right range in terms of 2nd hand decks in the current project range.

The important bit:

I'm James.

Bump. My thinking on pricing was:

Bare deck no cart: £100 (35% of current debut SE3 RRP)
    Acrylic Platter: £55 (50% of RRP)
    Speed box: £55 (50% of RRP)
    Cart: £55 (what the hell, why not for the sake of consistency)
    Counterweight, henley upgrade bits £20 (50% of RRP)

So, maybe £300 is a bit off.

How about a revised price of £250. Makes a great starter deck.
    Last edited by Spev; 27-02-2019 at 10:27.

I'm James.

I've decided to keep the cart I think, so all of the above but minus cart for £175. Again, would prefer not to post. The latest version of the speedbox is £120 on its own!

I'm James.

Of course if anyone wants a cart then I'd be happy to buy a rega carbon and install it so the whole thing is ready to roll. I could do that for £200.

I'm James.

Friday bump. Open to offers. Will probably end up all going on ebay over the weekend.

I'm James.

SOLD

+ Reply to Thread