+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have Soldering Skills

I'm Mick.

Default Does Anyone Have Soldering Skills

I need help.

My Oyaide Pa-2075 cable that goes to my Jelco Tonearm has a faulty plug at the 5 pin connector. A friend had a go at repairing it but made a hash of it. What I need to know is what is the best replacement connector and can anyone repair it for some ££££. Don't want to throw it in my box as its a £260 cable.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/960AA...Xe/s-l1600.jpg
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Peter.

I'm sure you will get an answer. There are loads of talented individuals on this forum that could solder that cable with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Mick.

Hope so Peter

My soldering iron looks like a shovel and my skills are as good as a no handed blind man. Saying that he would probably do a better job
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Deleted.

You probably don’t need a new connector. My experience of these arm cable plugs is that it can likely be disassembled, a bit of cable cut off and prepared, and the whole lot soldered back together.

If nobody on here comes forward I can likely recommend somebody to do the work.
    Account Deleted

I'm Mick.

Hopefully if all goes to plan Steve STD305M has kindly offered to do this when he passes the North East on route North.

I'm Geoff.

I assume the wire colour code is standard DIN? Might be worth checking.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    I need help.

My Oyaide Pa-2075 cable that goes to my Jelco Tonearm has a faulty plug at the 5 pin connector. A friend had a go at repairing it but made a hash of it. What I need to know is what is the best replacement connector and can anyone repair it for some ££££. Don't want to throw it in my box as its a £260 cable.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/960AA...Xe/s-l1600.jpg
    It would be nice to have a group of people interested in electronics help each other fix, upgrade hifi...

Bigman80 Guest

Had i been in any condition to help i would offer. Unfortunate that i'm not.

If it isn't fixed in a couple of months time, If im recovered from surgery, i'll do it for you.

Oliver

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by martinswimmer View Post
    It would be nice to have a group of people interested in electronics help each other fix, upgrade hifi...
    Easier said than done. We tend to live miles from each other.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The difficulty is with the large OD of the cables. Soldering up leads to standard DIN connectors is reasonably straightforward if care and a fine-tipped soldering iron is used, but the mini-DIN connector, the now industry standard for arm cable connector, is smaller still.

If I lived closer I would offer to repair the cable for you. In the event of finding no-one living close to you who can do the soldering - send it to me and I will have a go.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast