+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone use the miniDSP and can answer a couple of simple questions?

I'm Chris.

Default Anyone use the miniDSP and can answer a couple of simple questions?

Thanks
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Stefano.

I do
    I am using DIRAC 22D, feel free to ask !

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by slodigia View Post
    I do
    I am using DIRAC 22D, feel free to ask !

Thank you Stephano. I have asked this on the MiniDSP forum, but it takes an eternity to get an answer if at all.

OK I have bought the MiniDSP 2x4 and I seem to be allowed just one free download of plug-in software to operate it. I would like to download it to my desktop with big screen to get used to the software, but later use it on my smaller laptop to control my hi fi. Do I have to pay to do the second download to the laptop?
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    Cabling
    Headphones

I'm Stefano.

Hi Bumpy, I never tried the 2x4 but I assume is identical to mine
    The license is stored in the hardware box, therefore you can download from your user download area the plug-in as many times you want. In facts I have installed the software on 2 different laptops w/o any issue.

Ciao

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by slodigia View Post
    Hi Bumpy, I never tried the 2x4 but I assume is identical to mine
    The license is stored in the hardware box, therefore you can download from your user download area the plug-in as many times you want. In facts I have installed the software on 2 different laptops w/o any issue.

Ciao

Just the info I needed thanks so much .
    Source
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Amps
    Speakers
    Cabling
    Headphones

I'm Twisted.

Hello chaps.

Forgive the intrusion into your thread, but I've recently become aware of the minidsp products and wondered how people are using them. I 'could' see a use for one as an equaliser in my system (if I couldn't get digital EQ to work). Is that how you are using them and if so how do you rate them? I appreciate they have other uses, eg to set crossovers.

Simon
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Andrew.

Hi @Ashmore I have two MiniDSP DDRC 24 units which I use in two systems. One I use for a a full digital active crossover for a pair of two way KEF 103 speakers with the addition of DIRAC Live DSP room treatment . THe second unit i use in my music room as a DIRAC live DSP room treatment only in to a pair of QUAD ESL57 speakers.
    The units are very versatile and can be used in a wide range of ways from digital or analogue in to analouge out up to four channels .

I'm Rob.

I looked at getting one of these years ago, but never did as I am a real numpty where this sort of thing is concerned. Would I be right in saying that you can use it like a digital crossover to tailor the sound? If you can does it simply need to be plumbed in to a digital signal e.g a Dac?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I looked at getting one of these years ago, but never did as I am a real numpty where this sort of thing is concerned. Would I be right in saying that you can use it like a digital crossover to tailor the sound? If you can does it simply need to be plumbed in to a digital signal e.g a Dac?
    Much more versatile than that they can act as a Digital Crossover , A pass through unit with DSP or Digital filtering or they can do both . Thye have two digital inputs usb and Toslink and thet also have analogue inputs as well. The standard MiniDSP HD 24 is a very good unit but it does take a fair bit of work to master . The DDRC 24 which has DIRAC Live fitted is so much easier to use and i would say anyone could get it working correctly and get good results. apologies they are also able to intertgrate Subs in to a system but as i have never owned a sub I have experience of this .

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    Much more versatile than that they can act as a Digital Crossover , A pass through unit with DSP or Digital filtering or they can do both . Thye have two digital inputs usb and Toslink and thet also have analogue inputs as well. The standard MiniDSP HD 24 is a very good unit but it does take a fair bit of work to master . The DDRC 24 which has DIRAC Live fitted is so much easier to use and i would say anyone could get it working correctly and get good results. apologies they are also able to intertgrate Subs in to a system but as i have never owned a sub I have experience of this .
    Hi Andrew, thanks for that I will look further into it now.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread