Still beavering away with my HiFi projects.
I need to order some parts from Europe before Brexit, in case tariffs effect prices/availability.

Meanwhile.....
For those that don't know, my background is in Art and design, though I haven't done much in the way of pure Art, for pleasure, in over 40 years.
Over the last 12 months or so I have been brushing up on my pencil sketching and even joined a local Art Club. I was allays rubbish when it came to drawing faces, in life classes I would create a drawing of a beautiful nubile model with quasimodo's head on it.
I suppose my forte was as a landscape artist, but for my journey back to my artistic roots, I have deliberately chosen the area that was my weakest. So portraiture is where I'm starting, like with my HiFi projects, I like a challenge. In looking for interesting subject matter, you need look no further than those characters surrounding the film and music industries, so this is where I have begun. Early efforts where abysmal as you might expect, it was never something I excelled at, but even my basic drawing techniques where rusty and needed honing. Gradually though things have started to come together, so I thought I would share my latest efforts.

This one of Rod Stewart was my first attempt at adding some colour.

Keith Richards was an improvement, but I chose water colour paper, with too much texture, so it was hard work.

I chose very smooth Bristol board for this one of Fats Waller, too smooth this time, so the materials fought me all the way.

It's all been good experience and will help towards the next one. I intend to keep at it and the theme of Artists from the music industry continues to hold my interest. Check out my other work using the link in my signature below.