+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2M Black Upgrade

I'm Slav.

What’s the difference between FG70 with 6um and 70um stylus and Gyger S?

I'm James.

FGS is and 5um by 70um and a trapezoid cross section.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Slav.

So it’s basically same as on Cadenza Blue ?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    So it’s basically same as on Cadenza Blue ?
    It's also subjected to a higher grade polishing level I believe.

I'm Angus.

The FGS is 5um by 100um (the larger radius is variable, from 70um to 120um with 100um as the specified working point). It is indeed trapezoidal in cross-section, with a higher polish than the standard Replicant - similar to the version used in the A95 and the Windfeld Ti.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by phonomac View Post
    The FGS is 5um by 100um (the larger radius is variable, from 70um to 120um with 100um as the specified working point). It is indeed trapezoidal in cross-section, with a higher polish than the standard Replicant - similar to the version used in the A95 and the Windfeld Ti.
    Nice one Angus
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm James.

I wonder Rob, which cartridge would be better for the next upgrade a Windfeld or A95?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I wonder Rob, which cartridge would be better for the next upgrade a Windfeld or A95?
    I'm in no doubt both you and I would love either.

With the FGS on my Cadenza Black I'm pretty sure I've now upgraded to something that is likely pretty much like the Windfeld or Windfeld Ti, which I'm pretty chufffed about considering the fraction the re-tip work cost.

The A95 I believe pushes things much further in terms of dymanics which Noel Keywood (Hi-F World) described as 'almost concussive', thats around £4k worth of cart mind you.

I'd have what I currently have again without hesitation - I love it in my system

In terms of bang for buck coupled with I believe what would be guaranteed satisfaction, I know what my next move would be if I were in your shoes
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Tony.

Interesting read and has got me wondering what holistic Audio could do with my Quintet Bronze?

Am I right in assuming the cost of rebuild is circa £500?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Interesting read and has got me wondering what holistic Audio could do with my Quintet Bronze?

Am I right in assuming the cost of rebuild is circa £500?
    Hi Tony,

PM sent.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast