+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2M Black Upgrade

I'm Andrew.

My cadenza black is nearing the end of its life so it looks like it's going to get the FGS stylus.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    My cadenza black is nearing the end of its life so it looks like it's going to get the FGS stylus.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm jamie.

Bloody predictive text strikes again! Sorry jimbo
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    Bloody predictive text strikes again! Sorry jimbo
    Last edited by Jimbo; 18-02-2019 at 12:17.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Alan.

I have a 2M Blue with a busted cantilever
    Anyone know if the coils are same in the blue and if this cart would benefit by this mod

EDIT
    Ah the answer is here
    https://www.ortofon.com/ortofon-2m-blue-p-333

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Russell.

It seems to me that this could be a better path than new. Any cartridge you fancy can be had cheap if you buy used with a broken cantilever! Then send it off, get a better cartridge back at a fraction of the cost of the new cartridge. It definitely has me thinking.

Russell

I'm John.

I was referred to earlier in this thread about my experience with sending in a Cartridge to Holistic Audio.
    The cartridge in question was a Kontrapunkt b, the end result was extremely satisfying and after a couple of short auditions in two different systems 'not mine', I can't wait for the time when it gets put into permanent use on my own system.
    Each time the K'b has been heard by others, the enquiry that follows is how do I get one, or let me know who did it, I have a damaged K'b.
    My entry was a Broken Cantilever K'b bought for a reasonable outlay, that was sent onto Holistic Audio.
    I can't wait to Discover the undisclosed in my record collection.
    Maybe I might just find out what was really going on in the studio during the recording of 'Appetite for Destruction' with out relying on the hear say.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I was referred to earlier in this thread about my experience with sending in a Cartridge to Holistic Audio.
    The cartridge in question was a Kontrapunkt b, the end result was extremely satisfying and after a couple of short auditions in two different systems 'not mine', I can't wait for the time when it gets put into permanent use on my own system.
    Each time the K'b has been heard by others, the enquiry that follows is how do I get one, or let me know who did it, I have a damaged K'b.
    My entry was a Broken Cantilever K'b bought for a reasonable outlay, that was sent onto Holistic Audio.
    I can't wait to Discover the undisclosed in my record collection.
    Maybe I might just find out what was really going on in the studio during the recording of 'Appetite for Destruction' with out relying on the hear say.
    John, you will be spending some long hours listening to vinyl I am sure! Mine has had me questioning what on earth I was listening too before there was so much missing. The FGS stylus really does make a huge difference.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    It seems to me that this could be a better path than new. Any cartridge you fancy can be had cheap if you buy used with a broken cantilever! Then send it off, get a better cartridge back at a fraction of the cost of the new cartridge. It definitely has me thinking.

Russell

My cantilever did have to be intact for the work to be carried out but maybe other cartridges maybe different?

Maybe the FGS is not the panacea for non Ortofon based cartridges. Maybe some cartridges are not up to it. I asked Mr. Bakker if he thought it a good choice for my Troika and he told me that the Vital aka Ogura tip is a basic part of the Troika design and I should not contemplate any other tip shape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast