+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sickness from work

I'm Martin.

I've had some terrible managers over the years. They far outnumber the good ones. At least one has been genuinely certifiable, although she did end up getting the sack for incompetence so there was some justice. Although that was at a place were they weren't afraid to sack people who failed consistently. Most places that seems to be a good way to get promoted.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I'm glad that the days of working for a company are behind me.

The last place I worked at was a large family-run (3rd generation so they were pretty clueless) printing company. The place was really struggling, and so they got themselves a CEO, a big Glaswegian thug who clearly had just graduated from the Barlinnie Charm School. He ran the place through fear, and a fair bit of dead wood fell by the wayside. No bad thing. Company gave him a new S-class Merc and a sizeable salary.

Then one night, one of the office paperclips came across a couple of documents that clearly showed that this CEO was running the place down and steering customers towards another printing company, presumably he was getting some cash for his efforts. The guy was fired, but due to something in his contract, he was able to successfully sue the company for unfair dismissal, and he rinsed them for a fortune, money they didn't have. He even got to keep the pissing car.

In a bid to reduce their operating costs they asked for voluntary redundancies, and I put myself forward for this. My job was becoming less and less relevant anyway, so I decided to jump before I was pushed. I'd been there for 22 years, so the redundancy money would have been very handy. In the meantime the company went into administration, and I left with not a single penny for my 22 years. Wankers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Then one night, one of the office paperclips came across a couple of documents that clearly showed that this CEO was running the place down and steering customers towards another printing company, presumably he was getting some cash for his efforts. The guy was fired, but due to something in his contract, he was able to successfully sue the company for unfair dismissal, and he rinsed them for a fortune, money they didn't have. He even got to keep the pissing car.

In a bid to reduce their operating costs they asked for voluntary redundancies, and I put myself forward for this. My job was becoming less and less relevant anyway, so I decided to jump before I was pushed. I'd been there for 22 years, so the redundancy money would have been very handy. In the meantime the company went into administration, and I left with not a single penny for my 22 years. Wankers.
    Sorry to hear that - a rotten story.

I hope you've found your feet again now.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Yes I have thanks Dave. That was in 2002. The kindness of friends and family (finding building-related work for me), and over the years have built up some skills and a fair few loyal customers. I like being self employed - I can mostly work at my own pace (slow) and have no one looking over my shoulder. Job security is non-existent (not sure how I'll fill next week, but somehow it always works out), but then even people working for a company don't have that any more.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123