+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS NCC 200 Amp

I'm Ashley.

Default FS NCC 200 Amp

Hi, I have a high spec NCC 200 amp up for sale. this amp was built by a friend of mine who is a HIFI nut and electronics enthusiast. Dan built this amp back in 2013/14 and I have owned it for the last 5 years back when I switched from valve (AR VT60) to SS. I now power up my system with a Krell KSA 100 with my NC200 in storage for the last 2 years.

The spec is outlined by Dan and see his original photos: 'Traffos are 2 off 500VA toroid's, the boards are setup to use 2 off pairs of BHC 10,000Uf caps that are NOS and have uber low ESR - I originally swapped them out for new Kendeils but the BHCs are far better - they are similar to Mundorfs but I think they have a deeper bass.

The NCCS are the std DIY build and have been back to Les to be checked. There is a Furutech gold IEC inlet and a pair of RCA inlets / new speaker binding posts. All hook up wire is the PFM DIY room Teflon coated silver plated copper stuff twisted into litz wire. The Naim signal inlet has been disconnected. There is no power inlet fuse and the green on/off Naim switch has been bypassed, the xformers are shielded from the caps and amp boards via a metal case divider'

You are very welcome to audition this amp in my system (Linn LP12 + Meridian CD & DAC + CAT Signature pre amp + Krell KSA 100 + B&W 802) for you to decide on the quality of this amp or buy with confidence if you are unhappy with it you can return it for a full refund excluding postage. I live very close to Stratford upon Avon and you are very welcome to a listen along with a cup of coffee, tea or a glass of vino. The price is £650 + postage. Please be aware the amp weighs 15.5 kg without packaging also I'm not knowledgeable about audio electronics and have been using my ears for the last +40 years to make my audio judgements. Any questions do get in touch

Cheers

Ashley
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ashleyhsimons; 15-02-2019 at 14:35.

I'm Andrew.

How much is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Can't see a price there. You need one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Can't see a price there. You need one.
    Hi sorry for the missing info, the price is £650 + delivery

Cheers

Ashley

I'm Ashley.

Sunday bump price reduced to £600 + postage

Cheers

Ashley
    Last edited by ashleyhsimons; 18-02-2019 at 14:52.

I'm Ashley.

Thursday Bump

I'm Alex.

I have the Avondale ZAP250, I'm not sure of the similarities or differences to yours but it's an awesome amplifier. Recommended to anyone tempted...
    Last edited by alcarmichael; 21-02-2019 at 22:07.

I'm Ashley.

Hi alcarmichael.

Me too not sure about the similarities. This amp does sound superb! For those who are interested you can either audition at my home before making your mind up or buy with confidence and if you are not happy with it in your set up, I promise to make a full refund less the cost of postage providing the amp is retuned in the same condition as purchased and returned within 14 days from purchase.

Cheers Ashley

I'm Ashley.

Weekend bump and last price reduction £550. This is a great sounding amp

Cheers Ashley

I'm James.

That is a bargain for a fully dual mono NCC200 power amp using twin 500VA transformers and v good BHC psu caps. This will sound very good indeed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast