+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TalkTalk prices increase

I'm Robert.

Default TalkTalk prices increase

Has anyone else recieved the below email notification from TalkTalk about this ?

Having read it I'm still not quite clear what to do for the best. Is it saying that upgrading to Fibre would also be 'price locked in' @£23 ?

Also are there any risks with them taking over the line from BT who I currently pay for the line ?

From 23rd February 2019, your Broadband Wireless package will be £27 a month. Of course, any discounts you currently have on your package will still be valid and will still apply.

Lock in your price with our Fixed Price Guarantee

We understand that price increases are never welcome. That’s why we created our Fixed Low Price Plans, which guarantee your broadband price will stay the same throughout your new contract. They also bring you unlimited broadband at a single monthly price starting from £20*, including your line rental which you currently pay for with another provider. Or you can choose to upgrade to fibre from £23.50* a month.

Moving to a Fixed Low Price Plan is simple

There’s no charge to move your line rental, and no engineer visits or installations - we simply take over the management of your line which is serviced by the same engineers as BT. Plus, you can keep the same phone number.
    Simply call 0800 988 4508 and then leave everything to us.

Thanks for being a TalkTalk customer.
    Yours sincerely,
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

I am with TT. Very happy.

We signed up to a fixed price deal.

I think your email suggests you can move to a different package as is usually the case when a price increase happens.

Give them a call mate.

I'm Phil.

yes we were with nildram for many years . sterling service . then talk talk took over

all went well till they persuaded us to take fibre ....BIG BIG mistake so for 1 whole month we had no internet and they blamed BT . we spend many many hours on the phone to `tom` in India , `william ` in India . they were so friendly but just went through the same thing

over the next 18 months of being tied into a contract we had to reboot the router sometimes several times a day , my youngest is mega tech savvy but it drove him nuts . They were an UTTER nightmare , i reported them to ASA for saying their network is reliable

if you google TALK TALK problems you will find out

We changed to virgin and had maybe 3 outages in 1 year max . What a relief

TREAD CAREFULLY with talk talk

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/talk...talk-broadband
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    yes we were with nildram for many years . sterling service . then talk talk took over

all went well till they persuaded us to take fibre ....BIG BIG mistake so for 1 whole month we had no internet and they blamed BT . we spend many many hours on the phone to `tom` in India , `william ` in India . they were so friendly but just went through the same thing

over the next 18 months of being tied into a contract we had to reboot the router sometimes several times a day , my youngest is mega tech savvy but it drove him nuts . They were an UTTER nightmare , i reported them to ASA for saying their network is reliable

if you google TALK TALK problems you will find out

We changed to virgin and had maybe 3 outages in 1 year max . What a relief

TREAD CAREFULLY with talk talk

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/talk...talk-broadband
    I've been with talktalk for over 15 years...maybe I'm lucky....but I haven't had any real problem...the only bug bear was, I moved address 10 years ago...and they would not let me bring my initial email address with me...They have no explanation for this except..sorry you can't have that email address...nobody at talktalk can tell me why....I had to have a new talktalk email, which I use only to check my account...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Has anyone else recieved the below email notification from TalkTalk about this ?

Having read it I'm still not quite clear what to do for the best. Is it saying that upgrading to Fibre would also be 'price locked in' @£23 ?

Also are there any risks with them taking over the line from BT who I currently pay for the line ?

From 23rd February 2019, your Broadband Wireless package will be £27 a month. Of course, any discounts you currently have on your package will still be valid and will still apply.

Lock in your price with our Fixed Price Guarantee

We understand that price increases are never welcome. That’s why we created our Fixed Low Price Plans, which guarantee your broadband price will stay the same throughout your new contract. They also bring you unlimited broadband at a single monthly price starting from £20*, including your line rental which you currently pay for with another provider. Or you can choose to upgrade to fibre from £23.50* a month.

Moving to a Fixed Low Price Plan is simple

There’s no charge to move your line rental, and no engineer visits or installations - we simply take over the management of your line which is serviced by the same engineers as BT. Plus, you can keep the same phone number.
    Simply call 0800 988 4508 and then leave everything to us.

Thanks for being a TalkTalk customer.
    Yours sincerely,
    yes as someone has pointed out. Ring them and ask to speak to the loyalty team. I do this everytime they drop the price..I believe it's down to £19.99 for new customers...I just tell them, Why are new customers getting a better deal than me...I'm a long standing customer, what can you do for me?...they'll do a better deal fo you..

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

Email addresses seem to cause system to crash. It's all weird.
    Yup I've been with them for about a year I guess. Never had any issues so far. The router is stable but the WiFi extremely poor if not in same room. Supposedly got a new one out. Decent value
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup I've been with them for about a year I guess. Never had any issues so far. The router is stable but the WiFi extremely poor if not in same room. Supposedly got a new one out. Decent value
    my wifi is great Grant...no problem in any room....I can even use it outside in the car...if you ring them...I think they'll do the new router at a heavily discounted price...they claim it is the best wifi router out there...I'm not 100% certain, but I think they mentioned £30.00 the latest router for talktalk customers. The full price, which they lead me to believe, is £120.00

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yep, I do find them good value too.

Service over the years has been up and down and yes they do seem to go through the same painful 'script' every time you have to call.

When it works it it works if you know what I mean.

Dont want to be paying £27 last bill was £21.00.

Either way I'd better act quick before I'm automatically paying the advise increase amount

Grant, I assume like me you dont have their fibre ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Yep, I do find them good value too.

Service over the years has been up and down and yes they do seem to go through the same painful 'script' every time you have to call.

When it works it it works if you know what I mean.

Dont want to be paying £27 last bill was £21.00.

Either way I'd better act quick before I'm automatically paying the advise increase amount

Grant, I assume like me you dont have their fibre ?
    I do have fibre. It's fast enough via ethernet. 28 on cable downstairs but WiFi upstairs goes down to 6/8mbs. Considering it's not really going far or through all that much solid stuff it's not so great. But I stream well and had no breakdowns
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Talk Talk is not good down here in Cornwall, I have friends on it and its a nightmare and to be avoided down our way, not a isolated case either, others reported if you have a issue TT will sit on it hoping BT will pick upon a fault and save them the call out cost from Openreach, that came from one of their engineers.

On BT Fibre here 78meg D/l and reliable, been with them since 2006 though not the cheapest.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast