Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullshitting

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Alan is a very helpful and decent bloke. He has helped out dozens, probably hundreds of folk here, often for free so it's not surprising his praises get sung.
    Exactly right.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    name calling of people NOT on the forum is ok then?
    Where was that? Quotes please, of that actually happening. If you're referring to my post, directly above yours, then that's simply how you've interpreted what I wrote.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Would you like access? I should warn that it can only be granted after completing the sacred ritual, which involves prostrating yourself on a prayer mat and paying homage to your leader, by drinking my bath water [saved from 2016, replete with toenail clippings], and repeatedly chanting: 'Long may your fart gas reek' - oh and paper clips and a pirate's mask are also involved at one stage, but don't worry, that'll be explained later.

Marco.
    We're not doing the thing with the burning card no more then?
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    trust me I'm constantly amazed with the goalposts locations
    Or maybe you're just too interested in forum politics/other people's battles for your own good, and should keep your nose out of things that have nothing to do with you?

Just a thought...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Unfortunately not since Geoff seemed to enjoy the pain!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Yeah I won money on that IIRC
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No. And don't mention 'the barrel', that may put him off.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Unfortunately not since Geoff seemed to enjoy the pain!

Marco.
    I feel no pain................Well, not a lot!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party for this and haven't read all 11 pages but, whilst I don't necessarily have a problem with the subject, I can see what the OP is saying as I have noticed the same myself.
    Yep - tend to agree.

But this is what happens with most 'niche' forums in my experience and doesn't particularly surprise (or bother) me.
    A few voices tend to dominate simply by posting more than others - only remedy is for 'quieter' forum members to post more.... or simply ignore the stuff that bores the pants off you.

Exactly right, Mike, although I may have put it slightly differently. However, such behaviour doesn't *automatically* constitute as shilling!

Only if you're blinkered and have a biased agenda [which incidentally threads like this are great at exposing] would you consider Ollie's behaviour as such, or indeed anyone else here guilty of simply 'bigging up' (no pun intended) something that they consider as excellent.

In that respect, there's *no way* on this earth that anyone here will be asked to curb their natural enthusiasm towards a piece of equipment, which has sonically blown them away, simply because some find it annoying, or it irks a few jealous idiots elsewhere, desperate for attention, who suffer from issues of inadequacy.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast