+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Blocks

I'm Clint.

Default Power Blocks

Right, my first post on The Art of Sound so please be gentle. I want to try a power block in my system & having read a few posts on here before joining I see the Mark Grant blocks, cables etc get good reviews & you get a 30 day money back if not happy plus it's not daft money. Anyone got one or recommend another to try please. Price wise up to £250. Thanks people.

I'm Dominic.

CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Rob.

Well it must be good

" The newest embedded square LED display table headers, so that the sewing machine looks more compact, avoiding accidental collision damage to the table header"
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    220 volts though? UK needs 230 and above.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Twisted.

I'm interested in this thread. I have a multitude of digital things and the inevitable spaghetti junction of leads, and feel (I have no intention of being scientific) that decent mains block/conditioning ought to offer value. My system sounds great, but like most I am seeking an ounce more clarity and musicality, and I have become hyper sensitive to sibiliance. What works well for folk here ?
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Gary.

It's your money but the way I see it there's a transformer inside your equipment that alters AC to DC, changes the voltage and current before it gets anywhere near you sound production circuits, this being the case how can it be even remotely possible that a plug, fuse, power lead or anything before the transformer can have any effect on sound?

Saying that there are thousands of enthusiasts who insist they can hear a difference/improvement in sound
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

the power inspired regenerators are very good too as they use a transformer between you and mains. you get a steady 230v/50hz and any noise on mains hopefully gets stopped... not cheapest thing out but theirs are probably the best value. whether you hear any difference will depend on a few things tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    the power inspired regenerators are very good too as they use a transformer between you and mains. you get a steady 230v/50hz and any noise on mains hopefully gets stopped... not cheapest thing out but theirs are probably the best value. whether you hear any difference will depend on a few things tho.
    I may well be wrong but I thought the Power Inspired regenerators used switching power supplies, rather than an old-fashioned transformer?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    I may well be wrong but I thought the Power Inspired regenerators used switching power supplies, rather than an old-fashioned transformer?
    could be wrong ... its a big and heavy bit of kit not to have tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Used an Isol -8 conditioner for some years and after some equipment changes found the setup sounded better without it. Wouldn't buy a cheap chinese job regardless.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast