+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Clint H

I'm Clint.

Default Hello from Clint H

Hello folks

I'm Clint from Chester, a self confessed vinyl junkie. First forum i've joined after having a look around & thought this one seemed to have some very knowledgeable people on. Currently my vinyl spins on a Rega RP6 with Nagaoka MP200, Sugden A21, Sonneteer CDP & Neat Motive 3 speakers, it makes a nice noise. My musical tastes are quite varied but I do love the Doors, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Floyd, Free, Zeppelin, Rory Gallagher, Hawkwind with a healthy dose of Pat Metheney, John Martyn, Roy Harper, Agnus Obel, The Cure, Stones, etc, etc. Thanks people.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Clint.

Thanks Shane, just going to post my first thread.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Hello Clint. Welcome to AOS.

That's a well balanced system you've put together. Do you have any future plans for it?

You'll find a lot going on here, so feel free to join in.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Clint.

Thanks Neil.

I'm Clint.

HI Geoff

Re my system, just listening to some Agnes Obel spinning as I write this, it does sound good & i'm very happy with what I have. Next upgrade is a phono stage, happy with the one in my Sugden amp but had a demo with 3 phono stages recently & the Rothwell Rialto beat 2 more expensive stages, not daft more money but one was a Sonneteer Sedley & I am rather partial to Sonneteer kit. But the proof is in the listening & the Rothwell won & beat the inbuilt phono in my amp, just more of everything. I do use a very good dealer in Doug Brady Hifi who once they know your musical taste's have a knack of sitting you in front of kit you will like & it doesn't have to be the most expensive items they sell. They're a great bunch of guys. AOS seems to be a lot more laid back & less fanatical than some forums i've looked at & that's the reason I joined. Cheers Geoff.

I'm Steve.

Good morning and welcome Clint,

I'm liking your taste in music, though I confess to knowing nowt about Agnes Obel. I'll have to check that out. From my limited experience with Doug Brady's, I'd have to agree - they seem like good people.

Ste
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Clint.

HI Ste

Agnes Obel is a singer song writer from Denmark. She player piano & is accompanied by cello & violin, imagine Kate Bush just using piano, she has an amazing voice. check her out on youtube, there are a number of videos of her.

Doug Brady's are a great bunch to deal with, they know their stuff too. I can also recommend Cheshire Audio in Crewe, Phil (The owner) is into vinyl & is very knowledgeable. He has a very good range of turntables as well.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread