+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigblog - The Revolving Door of HiFi Auditioning

I'm Alan.

I have had the opportunity of giving these cables a bit more burn in period.

Oh my giddy aunt! Or Oh my God! As you prefer....

Now the speaker cables I was using weren't shabby, being OCC based. These cables give a total coherence to the sound. What I mean by this is that the precision of image placement, the depth and focus of the performance is exquisite, the balance to the soundstage across the complete frequency range is so well defined that it makes you wonder how this can be.
    The bass has more 'flesh' to it, the vocals are real people. They make you realise that well produced vinyl used outstanding gear to produce the sound.

I shall be very sorry to hand these back.

I'm Tony.

Arh Abbey road cables piss poor build quality and very average sound I feel I know where these are going I suspect not too far from you!

Yes I have made a few Graphene cables with various constructions and conductors, still I feel they are best as conductors.

Happy to compare with you when you finish your next pair no problem at all.

This is the start of the journey welcome to where the fun starts!
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Arh Abbey road cables piss poor build quality and very average sound I feel I know where these are going I suspect not too far from you!

Yes I have made a few Graphene cables with various constructions and conductors, still I feel they are best as conductors.

Happy to compare with you when you finish your next pair no problem at all.

This is the start of the journey welcome to where the fun starts!
    I'll have a look round for Graphene conductors.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > SIMaudio Moon LP5.3RS
    Digital: Orchard Audio PecanPi with JRiver
    Preamplifier: Neurochrome Differential Preamp
    Amplification: Neurochrome Modulus 686
    Speakers: Mordaunt Short Performance 880
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Tony.

If you think 5mm individual cable size per conductor then the actual conductor diameter/ribbon/foil that does the sharpe end of the work is likely to under 1mm the rest being dielectric/various outer layers then a combined total of 15mm for balanced interconnect is ludicrous in size.t

The graphebpne requires these types of supporting items to really make it work the way it should, in the far east they have been experimenting with hybrid conductors on high voltage transmission lines to a good degree of success

It took a while to gets to grips with current realistic graphene technology that REALLY does generate a no cable listening experience although that genuine,y cost well over four figures for just the raw material then you have to really learn on how to make it work for you and it takes more than a few tries crossed words and many a readjusted test rig lol

It is the future without question just not quite at the moment looking forward to my 3D printer churning out graphene impregnated circuit boards in my designs

Also battery tech will improve greatly too it has many uses but honing them spit on for each application will take some time

Anyway sorry I have diverted your thoughts apologies again nice work Oli
    Last edited by Mr. C; 19-11-2019 at 08:49.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    If you think 5mm individual conductor elements then the actual conductor diameter/ribbon/foil that does the sharpe is likely to under 1mm the rest being dielectric/various outer layers then 15mm for balanced interconnect is ludicrous in size.

The graphebpne requires these types of supporting items to really make it work the way it should, in the far east they have been experimenting with hybrid conductors on high voltage transmission lines to a good degree of success

It took a while to gets to grips with current realistic graphene technology that REALLY does generate a no cable listening experience although that genuine,y cost well over four figures for just the raw material then you have to really learn on how to make it work for you and it takes more than a few tries crossed words and many a readjusted test rig lol

It is the future without question just not quite at the moment looking forward to my 3D printer churning out graphene impregnated circuit boards in my designs

Also battery tech will improve greatly too it has many uses but honing them spit on for each application will take some time

Anyway sorry I have diverted your thoughts apologies again nice work Oli
    No, it's quite alright. I'm alway eager for more information.

I appreciate it
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > SIMaudio Moon LP5.3RS

I'm Oliver.

Thankfully, the Dream speaker cables have landed and the new owner has sent me a pic of their partnering equipment.

Very grateful for the pic and the initiatial feedback which is as I hoped it would be.

Excellent

I'm Martin.

That's pretty tasty.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's pretty tasty.
    Isn't it just!

I'm drooling lol

I'm Chris.

Not to criticise some absolute dream kit but is the left speaker not somewhat obstructed by the equipment rack positioning?

Just seems strange to have speakers and kit worth more than most cars and not optimise the layout to extract maximum performance??

As noted, gorgeous kit all the same.
    - Linn Sondek LP12 - Ittok III, Denon 304, Mose Power Supply - Ming Da MC 368-B - JJ KT88's, RCA 12au7's - Musical Paradise MP-D1 mkII - WE396a
    - Mark Travis Phono Stage - Gold Lion 12ax7's, Tung-Sol 6X4 - AD Audio SUT - Pioneer N-30K
    - Behringer DEQ 2496 - Quad 63's - REL T3 (sometimes)

- Audio Technica LP5 - AT440mlb - Musical Paradise MP 303 Class D - Jolida Glass FX III - Raytheon 5755 Yellow Print - Beresford Bushmaster II
    - EAR834p Clone - Ei 12ax7's, Sylvania 12au7 in V3 - Cocktail Audio/Novafidelity X12 - 15" Paper Drivers in Tannoy Cabs (lows) - Custom crossover into Tannoy HPD Monitors (highs) - REL T3

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Not to criticise some absolute dream kit but is the left speaker not somewhat obstructed by the equipment rack positioning?

Just seems strange to have speakers and kit worth more than most cars and not optimise the layout to extract maximum performance??

As noted, gorgeous kit all the same.
    Might pull it out for listening?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast